[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
4KB, 225x225px
> Starting graduate school
> Looking for a job to live off of for 2 years
> Thinking about UBER for the convenient hours

Will this work?
What do I need to know?
Does anyone do this?
>>
You need a car that is 4 doors, newer than 2005, and have insurance that covers your customers as well.
>>
Drive grubhub, post-it, amazon flex, etc.... alotta better alternatives for less miles, potentially more money, and no nigs in your car
>>
>>1915119
Is the insurance for customers a huge hike in price?

> What do I need as far as materials?
Do I need something to hold my phone at eye level? A trash bag? Etc.
> Does it cost money to begin with Uber? What's their process for signing up?
> Anything additional?

>>1915129
Not sure if these are big in my city yet. Is the model the same as Uber?
>>
Its a meme unless you live in a major city.

Theres like 20 already doing it in my small town and i bet they dont make enough to pay for the gas.
>>
>>1915113
You'll do more damage to your car than it's worth. The new regulations for Lyft and Uber are going to really shine in the next few years. I know plenty of kids who took out loans for a brand new Prius thinking "hehheh free money" but when you slam a years worth of miles in a few days on an engine, things are going to break and cost you a lot of money, on top of the full insurance required.

It's literally a scam, don't waste your time, work at a convalescent home, they pay alright and give free health insurance most of the time.
>>
>>1915113
OP the adults took over cause they saw kids making money. Their laws make sure more money goes to them and you stay just where you need to be, at home with enough money for a taco and a bowl of cereal. It's all you need, right?

BE HUMBLE OP
>>
>>1915113
it's a shit idea. if you're lucky you may just barely survive.
>>
File: fennecICU.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fennecICU.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
>>1915113
>has a Bachelor's degree
>best job prospect is Uber
Lmaooo
>>
>>1916873
It's because I'll be in a full time intensive Master's Program, retard. I need a job that can accommodate my strange schedule.
>>
>>1915113

>letting strangers into your expensive car
>>
>>1917242

>Calling people retarded
> When he's going immediately to a Master's with no job experience
>>
>>1915113
Using your primary mode of transportation as your only means of income is almost as bad as manual labor.

After gas, insurance, damage to car from driving it, etc you barely break even.

If you want to be on the road be a bike messenger. It will keep you in physical shape, won't cost any extra in insurance, gas, ear and tear on car and you will be making more money.

Or just kys. Masters with no job experience? Not getting a firm to pay for it? Good Kek.
>>
>>1917565
Why the fuck do you think I have no job experience? I've been a consultant for nonprofits for the last 3 years. A full time job that cannot be done in a real Master's
Program. Again , you're a retard.
>>
>>1917598
No one's going to pay for me to become a Biostatistician
>>
>>1917923
If you're not getting paid to go to grad school then you shouldn't be going
>>
>>1917920

>Says the retard who thinks Uber is a propserous enough venture.

If you were as smart as you claim, you would have found out that Uber is shit, via simple web search.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.