[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum - zcash mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

ETH-ZEC MINING
Will i be able to run 5 RX 480 8gb with a g1840?
Everyone says that you should pick the most cheap CPU for a mining rig, and actually the use of the CPU is around 0.7% when mining eth or zec, but if someone could give me a direct feedback it would be better
>>
>>1914444
Bump, I want to do this too
>>
>>1914444
Mining ether does not utilize CPU.
Some ZEC miners use CPU even for GPU-only mining, but not all of them.
>>
File: 2017-03-30_201925.png (441KB, 1438x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-30_201925.png
441KB, 1438x1080px
>>
>>1914793
How much can you make mining?
>>
>>1914793
Bumping for interest. Also, how much was your initial investment to set up and start the whole mess in the first place?
>>
>>1914783
Well actually Claymore amd zcash miner uses only GPU, but the point is that i don't want to waste money on a CPU i Will not use
I already have the board, a msi z87 gd65
Just for info what CPU do you have?
>>
>>1914444
Summer is coming.
>>
>>1914444
The wear on your videocards will be more than what you'll make. Just buy it and sit on it instead.
>>
>>1914923
I'll assume you know nothing about gpus

They are designed to operate for prolonged periods at 70-80c
They are often rated to 120c
In the case of the RX line, lowering the core voltage increases its performance and lowers the temperature

As long as you keep the power supply and temperature consistent you will not blow the card
The biggest mistake i see on a daily basis is cheap power supplies. These kill systems. Even small drops/spikes can damage loaded components.
>>
>>1915686
As Power supply i have a 1050w xfx 80+ gold certified

But still nobody can tell if a fucking g1840 is good or nah
>>
>>1915734
it works and is actually a pretty popular CPU to use for miners

i've heard there's benefits with going with an i3, but i'd imagine it to be marginal
>>
>>1915953
I just bought a i5 4440 for 80€, Pretty cheap
So let's just set up the miner
>>
>>1914444
just get a d2500 you faggot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.