[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question that requires a serious answer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/, I am a highschooler and I'm interested in a career in business.
I take physics and mathematics and they are very boring classes, studying politics and economics entrigues me much more.

It's funny how everyone in my class is falling for the engineering meme, they will certainly be working for me eventually in the near future.

Do careers in finance (banking) require you to have autism?
Or is that autism very miniscule when comparing it to the autism that engineers and scientists poses?
>>
a successful career in banking requires you to be the exact opposite of autistic and you should be a likeable person who's able to network like crazy.

source: best friend of 8 years works at a big 4 bank
>>
>>1914207
By autistic i meant numerical logic and mathematical ability
>>
>>1913980
>studying politics and economics entrigues me much more.

I'm an accountant myself and about to switch to tax consultant.

I would advice you to take a course in accounting and see if its really for you.

>>1914226
I wouldn't say that, I'm pretty bad in math but good in accounting.
>>
>>1913980
Future management position will be filled more and more by people with an engineering/technical background. Business/managment degrees should only be an advanced degree.
>>
>>1914272
are you retarded
>>
>>1914258
Accounting requires the ability to manipulate numbers with ease but doesn't really ask any more of you than just algebra. The hard part is memorizing the rulebooks that are hundreds of pages thick.

t. Former accountant
>>
>>1914346
>ask any more of you than just algebra

Tbh I would say its a lot less than algebra.
>>
>>1913980

Finance is very broad. The people making the money like wolf of wall street need people skills to sell and get them fat commisions.

if you want to be a quant or analyst then you are going to need some serious background in physics/coding/stats. People skills don't really matter as you will be in a room in the back of the building writing algos for the traders.

But yea most succesful people in finance are just good looking athletic looking people who can smooze.

Even in the mortgage industry top producers are 8/10 or above.
>>
>>1915917
>Even in the mortgage industry top producers are 8/10 or above

Now that I think about it, when I was a real estate agent the top sellers in the office were all good looking and well put together. The ones that were less... clean cut... they had a harder time selling. God fucking damn it. You need to be a Chad to get rich. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.