[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats stopping someone from just torrenting ebooks and reselling them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Amazon_Kindle_logo.svg.png (28KB, 1280x284px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_Kindle_logo.svg.png
28KB, 1280x284px
Whats stopping someone from just torrenting ebooks and reselling them?
>>
Copyright laws?
>>
>>1911535
Im talking about more obscure shit and changing some stuff so they dont notice
>>
>>1911533
Keeping >>1911548 in mind, probably nothing. In fact, Amazon has been caught in the past selling fake books via its third party sellers (fake as in a generic cover with 300+ pages of lorum ipsum). I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there were fake ebooks on the Kindle store right now.

This is also your daily reminder that Amazon is literally online Walmart for hipsters.
>>
>>1911548
There's x amount of things your product needs to differ from the original. If you mean to fuck around with some pages to not make it the actual writers product, forget about it. You'll need to go so far the original won't be recognised anymore.
>>
>>1912641
I'm gonna rebrand the cover and title, how are they gonna tell what the original was?
>>
File: slav.jpg (114KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
slav.jpg
114KB, 600x450px
>>1912654
>And over here kids we see the retard nesting in its natural habitat
>>
>>1912654
You are basically just hoping you dont get caught. You would get fucked in the ass if someone realized that it was the same book.
>>
>>1911533
Because meme books are stupid cheap, and you will get caught if it's a popular book, besides how would you advertise? No one willing to use black market books is going to buy them, they will just torrent them themselves.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (67KB, 1085x553px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
67KB, 1085x553px
>>1911533
I've been doing similar shit for the past three years, anon. Screenshot related. However, it won't work for you for the following reasons -
1. Every decent book is now on kindle.
2. These days Amazon makes you prove it's not in copyright before they upload it.
3. If you do happen to slip through the cracks, someone will see it and report you, then your account will be closed.

The old days are no more, my friend.
>>
>>1911533

Those days are over.

Amazon does Stylometric analysis now. That combined with Machine Learning will easily identify plagiarized works. A few may slip through from time to time but it's still a waste of time to even try.

Good luck fooling them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.