[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger generations? I've heard it parroted that younger people are more frugal/making less large purchases and it's throwing retailers off balance but I'm not sure if it's a meme or not.
>>
>>1908174
Not so much frugal as broke. That combined with "sellers" more interested in renting junk that isn't worth even that much.
>>
>>1908174
I'd say yea, but my gf has coworkers who spend 200$ on clothes each month.
>>
>>1908174
>>1908545
>not buying 8 pairs of socks for life
>>
File: Millenial Sheep.jpg (54KB, 522x332px) Image search: [Google]
Millenial Sheep.jpg
54KB, 522x332px
>>1908174
>Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger generations?

Millenial sheep consumers are extremely easy to manipulate and market to.

You just need to know how to manipulate them.
>>
>>1908174
It's because wages are down big time compared to previous generations. Also a lot of millennials became adults during the Great Recession, so they have learned to have a famine mindset.
>>
>>1908515
>>1908579
it's both of these imo. being so poor for so long has created a generational or cultural aversion to buying things/wasting money.

but people still buy shit and if you can market your childslave-produced sandals as being part of an "experience" or "movement' you're sollid.
>>
>>1908635
>>1908616
This is not a thing people still buy the greatest newest iphone macbook etc
>>
>>1908644
Their parents buy it for them.
>>
>>1908644
They do, but the phone is used for everything then.

Most people don't buy expensive computers, cameras and such stuff in return, because their phone is capable of doing all those things
>>
>>1908515
This is my guess
>>
>>1908558
>not buying a lifetime supply of probably stolen new socks from a bunb for $4 in chicago...
>>
>>1908674
Yap. I play wow and my pc doesnt meet the minimum specs. Meanshile i shitpost from an s7 that outperforms it in every aspect but storage.
>>
>>1908174

How to market to millenials

>Make them is the product
>Factor in 5% to "goodwill donation", funnel through shell corps and recover 80%
>Tell them how the product makes the world a better place
>Integrate, integrate, integrate
>Seamless
>Experience
>Share
>epic Twitter banter
>>
>>1908871
Also don't use a white person to advertise anything ever.
>>
>>1908174
We're not more frugal we're just poor. When your poor you don't have the funds to purchase as many goods as the older generations do.
>>
>>1908174
40% of the unemployed in the US are millennials.

this is a problem for retailers.
>>
>>1908905
>>1909006
this, everyone forgets minuamin wage was worth MORE back then, meanwhile ticket prices for movies go up every 6 months
>>
>>1908174
Millennial have to be more frugal because of the economic disadvantages as compared to their parents.

People who were alive during the depression still would end up doing weird shit like hording/hiding food even after when there wasn't real food scarcity.
>>
>>1909056
Hasn't that always been the case though? When have minumum wages risen with inflation?
>>
>>1908174
Its not true
Most people my age will max out credit in a month then spend all year paying it off and wasting money on tobacco/alcohol binges
>>
>>1908644
Either mommy and daddy buys it, or they finance it like a nigger for a few years.
God damn, Pajeet, it's like you're FOB.
>>
>>1908871
Isn't this shit overplayed?
People got Donald Trump in the White House, they're not completely dead inside.
>>
>>1909139
Thank Obama and Israel.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.