[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pay off debt or keep grinding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Decision-Fatigue-Examples.jpg (179KB, 1000x796px) Image search: [Google]
Decision-Fatigue-Examples.jpg
179KB, 1000x796px
What would /biz/ do in my shoes?

Currently $10,000 in credit card debt. I do make more than the minimum monthly payment but can't seem to get ahead and get that shit payed down.

I will be receiving roughly $17,000 as part of a settlement.

Should I pay off the debt in one go and get these fucking cunts off my back or use the cash and put a down payment down on a house?

Keep in mind that I live in a city where the average house price is $300,000 and even for that kind of cash you really get fuck all.
>>
>>1906910
Obv pay debt
>>
>>1906910
honestly just pay it off desu
>>
>>1906910
pay it off, you'l be battling mortgage interests as well
>>
>>1906910
Pay debts, you idiot.
>>
OP here. The consensus seems to be paying off the debt, this is what I was leaning towards.

Would it be best to pay the whole debt off in one go or pay off 85-90% of it and use the remaining towards a down payment?

Thanks for the advice thus far.
>>
>>1906962
Please pay it off in one go.

Maybe invest the rest if you can.
>>
OP again.

I like the sound of paying off the entire debt in one go, have been stuck in this rutt for years and look forward to the day I can pay these bank fucks and move on.

Thanks for the advice /biz/, watch for my next thread "How to not invest $7000 like a retard".
>>
>>1906962
Pay 50% of it, put other 50% into LEPEN, then use profits from that to pay off the other half and buy a house.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.