[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Counter Offer Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: just a coin.png (565KB, 602x701px) Image search: [Google]
just a coin.png
565KB, 602x701px
Can you ask for more than your originally requested salary as a counter to a job offer? I requested 72k salary for a job I applied for, and received an offer for 70k. However, between the time when I applied, and now, I received two different job inquiries from companies in the area for the same position with starting salaries around 75k. How bad would it look if I countered for more than the originally requested 72000? Anyone here done this?
>>
I'd prolly drop it. If the starting at another is 75 and you were offered 5 less than that and 2 less than your desired one, that probably means they're not willing to judge and would lol if you tried to push it further.
>>
>>1905810
budge* not judge
>>
>>1905810
i guess you're right. i think ill counter by asking for a sign-on bonus and 71,000. given that this position is for contract negotiations, i think its pretty expected that i negotiate.
>>
where are you getting that salary data
>>
>>1905787

Don't do it.

Never step over dollars to save pennies.

You're talking about a few extra bucks a year and it's just gonna piss them off and show them you are the kind of guy to split hairs.

Do the job, do well, be happy. If there is a disparity after year one, then that would be the time to negotiate a new wage.

I'm typically on the side of the person not the business, but you asked for a number and they gave you nearly exactly what you asked for.
>>
>>1905787

Why aren't you considering the offers from the two offering $75k? Wouldn't it make more sense to go back to those instead of the original offer?
>>
>>1905787
You can do this only if you have another offer and a current job.

I bargained from 115 + 5 to 120 + 7.5

Midsize and up companies don't care that much about a few thousand here or there.

In your case, you probably won't be getting it if you push your luck. Next time request 80
>>
>>1905787
You fucked up. Their counter offer was fair and you bargained too low. You can stand your ground on your offer if you are okay with maybe not getting the job or you can bargain benefit packages and company benefits like cars or phones. Obviously you arent confident in how much you are worth to the company.
>>
>>1905787

Don't counter, just accept and do a good job on your probation, get a good rating and then follow it through with your yearly assessment, then the increase will eventually follow.

This is usually a strategy to boost morale and motivation on the new hire to exceed expectations. Focus on outperforming.

You don't counter on a job offer unless you have serious backing.
>>
>>1906195
Spoken like a true cuck.
>>
>>1905980
This company is my 1st choice for a lot of non-benefit related reasons.
>>1906154
Yeah, I get that now. I undervalued myself in a competitive market. Should've asked for 80. I'll ask for other benefits that arn't salary.
>>
>>1906247

>non-cuckoldry from a wagecuck
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.