[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Length

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Kirk-Cousins-as-Captain-Kirk.png (165KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk-Cousins-as-Captain-Kirk.png
165KB, 380x285px
With 12 years of experience, and 5 companies worked for, is it sensible for my resume to be two pages? Or should I find some way to cut down to one?
>>
>>1905765
Cut it down to one unless you actually have a lot alot of special projects you need to explain. What industry are you in? What kinds of positions have you held?
>>
>>1905765
were all the companies in the same type of work and similar industries?
>>
>>1905774

I'm in digital marketing. Really, the past six years of work are all that's really relevant to my industry. The rest is college work experience and retail management.
>>
Good question. I'm in over twenty years as a programmer and my resume is unmanageable.

The recruiters seem to want all of the gory details though.
>>
>>1905774
>>1905778

I can post my resume if it would help... I need to add my current job to it, but it's currently a very comfortable 1 page.
>>
Ideally, it should always be one page. They spend literally seconds just scanning it. If you have any bullshit like hobbies/interests then drop it, I'm not sure why people include this it's not relevant. Are your job experiences bullet pointed or run on paragraphs? You could maybe drop jobs that are more than 5-8 years old then just bring them up in the actual interview to expand on your qualities.
>>
>>1905805

I'll just post it. Can't imagine anyone can do anything damaging with it.
>>
>>1905817
why do you have the ign board mod on there? Also Abercrombie is irrelevant. And I wouldn't personally consider customer service and leadership as skills. just my 2 cents tho
>>
>>1905784
Dont include the college work and retail management. Just focus on the field you want to get into.
>>
>>1905832

The IGN thing I can probably remove... I keep it on there in case I'm being looked at by anyone for a community manager position instead of a digital marketing job. I'd technically rather be doing that than digital media, but I know the money is in digital.

I don't feel like I can completely erase Abercrombie though, since that comprises a big chunk of my work experience and shows a connection between college and further employment? I mean, I worked there the longest of any company...
>>
>>1905817
>board moderator
kek
That's like putting you're a janitor for 4chan on your resume.
>>
>>1905817
Also don't include your GPA if it's as shitty as yours is. There's also no reason to include it if you graduated nearly 10 years ago.
>>
>>1905842

Having the board moderator role on my resume is the only reason I got the social media job with Sega/GameWorks, and the only reason I managed to get into digital media. It's not relevant anymore, but it actually got me a job.

>>1905848
I'll remove the GPA and the moderator stuff, along with customer service and leadership.
>>
Shit, I guess one other good point here... the job I'm currently in (not Caesars), I'm leaving this Friday. It was an absolute disaster and a poor decision, where I was completely lied to about my responsibilities.

I've only had it for two months. Should I remove it entirely, and just include my ending date of December at Caesars, or keep it included so they see I was working?
>>
>>1905765

2 pages is normal. Some people say stick to one.

But either is fine, just don't ever go over 2 pages.
>>
>>1905866
>its not relevant anymore
so theres no reason in letting it take up space
>>
>>1905817
Wow so ur homo lol
>>
>>1905947

Because of Abercrombie? I got recruited to stand around, look attractive, and pick up on girls while in college. It was the shit. I miss it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.