[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking investments?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What do people look at, and for, when evaluating potential buys? Financial statements? Particular ratios? Rumors? Do any of these things necessarily matter to the market?
>>
Financial statements, P/E ratio, the sector as a whole.
>Do any of these things necessarily matter to the market?
The market is ultimately made up of individuals so the market can definitely behave irrationally.
>>
I primarily look at price to rent ratios and the quality of the neighborhood
>>
File: IMG_7227.png (665KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7227.png
665KB, 1334x750px
Company logo aesthetics, a healthy diversity of the staff (in regards to race, sexual preference, and gender identity), and I stalk the CEO's personal history to see if he has any past connections to orange hitler. I won't place my faith in any company that agrees with literal racists.
>>
>>1905756
Relating to this, taking a short position on any company that starts suddenly indulging in SJWism is probably a good idea. Successful companies don't tend to involve themselves in partisan politics unnecessarily.

Case in point: Dunkin Brands has been going strong for the last 2 years while Starbucks has been flat for the same time period.
>>
Relative growth over the last few years
P/E ratio
P/B ratio
Beta
Dividend yield
Bid-Ask Spread (especially in relation to market price)
Net Profit
>>
How many frogposters recommend it.
>>
>>1905777
Can you recommend a website/book that elaborates on all of these terms?
>>
>>1905803
investopedia
>>
>>1905467
I cheat, I look for unusual volume in pre market, then I check stock twits to see the trending percentage. Wait for morning dip then sell off just before lunch. If earning reports are due I'll hold till next day, holding scon right now
>>
>>1905764
If starbucks has been flat then taking a short would be retarded. Basing investments on political statements is retarded. You would be directly riding the bandwagon in hopes of getting rich. You will always be late to the bandwagon and you will be competing directly with people with the same idea as you.
>>
>>1905467
I look for control. That being said, a private company owned and operated by me is the only feasible investment for me.

Since I only have 10-20K liquid, adding value > passive income. Just got out of college recently, and I'm working on a company that offers online services. About 1K revenue this month and I hope to double that next month. Expenses are minimal and things are looking bright.

I fell for the stock meme when I was Junior/Senior in college. I actually beat the market by quite a bit, but after assessing all the time I spent staring at charts, reading shit, etc.. I was probably making 2-3$/hr max.

When you're trading stock you are competing with the rest of the world for meager returns. However, when you run a business, growth is exponential given you choose the right industry.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.