[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do html5 and mobile publishers buy the rights of your games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1489941046105.jpg (181KB, 634x635px) Image search: [Google]
1489941046105.jpg
181KB, 634x635px
do html5 and mobile publishers buy the rights of your games?

in the sense that you can make money selling them your first game?
>>
Why? If you are confident in your product, self-publish. That's what the appstore / google play are for.
If you are not confident, why do you think someone would license your game over the games of the thousands of other amateur coders?
>>
>>1902401
http://www.gamesbrief.com/2014/08/go-html5-or-die-how-to-make-up-to-50-000-usd-from-a-html5-game/

You can make more publishing your small game than self publish.
>>
>>1902406
Come on dude, I stopped at the third paragraph. 3 year old article, massive typo in literally the first word, completely shameless advertising with no pretense of reporting or journalism.

>This is a guest post from Alexander Krug of Softgames
>Unlike in the AppStore publishers are actively looking & approaching developers to satisfy the demand of their audiences for high quality HTML5 games. E.g. SOFTGAMES – the world’s largest HTML5 games platform
>Games can be sold to publishers like SOFTGAMES as exclusive or non-exclusive licenses and generate up to $30,000 USD, if sold exclusively. That’s more than most self-published apps generate within the whole lifecycle!

Yeah, sure buddy, no conflict of interest here whatsoever. I believe your every word, you're totally not trying to scam people out of their novel content.
>>
>>1902446
why do you assume portals don't buy games?
>>
>>1902448
I don't. They probably will if it's a well-made game. But it seems to me that you will not get as much money out of the app than if you had self-published it.

Even scammy-mc-scamlord called worded it "can generate up to", so the deal is probably on the line of "here's $200 for your game, and you get 1 cent per play, capped at $30k". The risk-free upfront is nice, but the business model of publishers is literally built on paying you less than what they make with your content in the long-run.

All I'm saying is that this isn't 1955 where you need a publisher to back your novel. It's 2017, you can self-publish and use the exact same channels and advertising strategies as the big players. You don't need them anymore, but they still need you.
>>
>>1902470
I rather get paid a couple hundred bucks m8.
I'm from the thirld world.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.