[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When the server expects a 35% tip for bringing me two plates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

>When the server expects a 35% tip for bringing me two plates of food and my drink

do you guys tip?
>>
>>1902296

I don't go out to eat at normie restaurants.
>>
>>1902301
I go but I usually either dine and dash or I don't tip but then I steal their silverware and cut the seats with the knife.

Gotta get my money's worth and my vengeance on the normies.
>>
>>1902296
I won't miss the couple of quid that makes up a tip, so generally do if it was decent service.
>>
>>1902296
I give like 2 or 3 dollars flat tip regardless of where I go.
>>
fuck y'all. just tip 20% it really helps the servers. the servers tip 20% too when they go out because they know the feel.
>>
>>1902328
get a real job scum. i cant wait til servers are replaced by robots
>>
>>1902339
I'll be the first person to get an automation compensation, thanks!
>>
>>1902296
Yes. 15% off the pretax total at restaurants. Mostly so I won't get my food spat in next time.
>>
I tip 35% to 50%

It has paid off as the usual places I go to know don't charge me for some drinks. I had to build a report but it has paid off.
>>
>>1902339
You'll be waiting awhile then. Most normies enjoy a human serving their drink or food outside of fast food restaurants. Not saying it won't happen but nice restaurants will be the last to replace humans if even ever fully.
>>
>>1902344
I go to different restaurants eachtime lmao
>>
>>1902339

No they won't.

People subconsciously enjoy having another person be their servant. A robot wouldn't give the same effect.
>>
>>1902397
If it'll save the business money, you better believe they'll get replaced. Trust me, people will get used to it
>>
>>1902541

Nope.

Doesn't matter if they save money, because they won't be making money when customers are choosing to go to the restaurant with human servers.

Unless the robots are indistinguishable human androids, it will not work. Not everyone is a 4chan autist that wants to avoid human interaction.

Robots will replace the cooks/chefs only.
>>
>>1902296
My dad is a big overtipper. Maybe when I meet some of my financial goals I will be in the same boat. For now I tip decent, as any good career man should
>>
>>1902296

No because I don't live in a retarded country where this kind of shitty business model is practiced.
>>
>>1902358

>build a report

>>1902397

You enjoy having servants because you're lacking something in your life. Healthy people don't have this desire.
>>
>>1902558
who chooses to go to resturants for human servers? i dont care if my food falls out of the ceiling if it's good. go to a bar if you want human interaction lonely boy.
>>
>>1902590
>who chooses to go to resturants for human servers?

Are you retarded?

That's obviously not part of the decision process at the moment. We were talking about the future, when there will be an option between whether you want to go to the restaurant with robots or the one with humans.

>go to a bar if you want human interaction lonely boy.

According to you though, there's no reason to suggest that bartenders won't be replaced by robots either.
>>
>>1902571
I agree. 20% is standard. Is service was weak, 15%. If service was absolutely awful, closer to 10%, but I rarely if ever do that.

I have no issue with tipping. I do wish servers were paid better so we didn't have to tip, but until then I will continue to tip.

Anyone who complains about feeling compelled to tip needs to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>1902296
35%?!
I usually do 10% or at max 15%
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>1902577
Agreed. In Italy we don't tip
>>
Depends entirely on the place and my experience there.

I don't think that they 'deserve' it but I don't mind helping people who contribute to me having a good time. The stoned waitresses at my choice pub always keep a beer on my table while I'm there and I've had more free drinks than I can count.

It's bullshit that the poor kids who barely speak English working at McD's don't get an extra cent when some slag at Earl's expects 20% of the bill paid to her personally in cash at the end of a meal though.
>>
>>1902541
Having complicated machines will cost a hell of a lot more than just hiring young girls to be servers.

Plus the idea of robots rolling around the restaurant with dishes is absolutely absurd. It's probably never going to go mainstream. At nice restaurants, people appreciate the advice and professional service the servers provide.

Just continue eating your hot pockets and stay in your mom's basement.
>>
>>1902296
if u dont plan on coming back, dont tip. if you do plan on coming back, give them tip, so they dont give u old meat. (if u pay with cash and not debit they wont remember u)
>>
>>1902296
Restaurants are a huge waste of money, I don't go to them on my own money. I either cook at home or eat at Subway when I'm travelling.
>>
>>1902618
Nice restaurants, yeah. But don't be surprised if any other restaurants automate.

>that personal attack

The fuck for? You a child?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.