[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

personal trading accounts & employers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: robinhood.jpg (68KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
robinhood.jpg
68KB, 1500x1000px
If your employer doesn't allow personal trading accounts, what is the likelihood that they will find out if you open one?

In the U.S., do the brokerages provide your info to your employer, or to some sort of data source easily searched by your employer?

I'm curious more about what framework is in place that transmits this data, if it even exists. It doesn't seem like there's a communication link between the two entities, and that this is run more on self-disclosure/honor system.
>>
>>1900606
Are you asking us whether your employer will be notified in you do insider trading?
>>
>>1900606

insider trading is illegal, anon
>>
>>1900613
>>1900621

No. Assume the account just holds index funds. Or assume you day trade with it but use a completely benign/unrelated strategy.
>>
>>1900647

It's still illegal.
>>
>>1900606
They won't find out as long as you're not stupid enough to do it on the company network.
>>
>>1900613
Kek
>>
>>1900606
Just dont faggot. If u are am accreditex investor u can get in pre ipo and not be somebody prison bitch.
>>
>>1900835

Why wouldn't they though? Some say the brokerages do submit your info. Others say employers themselves scrape exchanges/etc. looking for your info. Are you saying they do not?
>>
Do you have anyone youd completely trust with your life?
If so have them do the leg work and you supply them with that sweet sweet inside info
Just make sure you have different last names
T.someone who's doing that now
>>
>>1901680

Again, while I appreciate the info, this question is not about deploying private information or black edge. I'm asking about whether investment accounts can be found by an employer.

I would imagine they cannot without you allowing them somehow, but I have heard rumors that (1) brokerages/exchanges do share this information and (2) employers can scrape/search for it.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-investment-banks-monitor-their-employees-personal-trading-accounts
>>
>>1900606
alright op, dont listen to any of these retards posting about insider trading. honestly these are the types of retard tier responses you get when you ask an actual biz question here.

i have been doing this for years and it depends on where you work. at my old job, my boss literally had his trading platform on his desktop and i would do my trading via phone and google finance.

now i work at a fortune 500 company and i still use that system during the day. and i use phone internet. i dont trade anything work related. it's a system of dont ask dont tell.. as far as i know everyone that manages their own money does this.
>>
Why don't you paper trade or help others?
The best traders/group is here
>1901663
>>
>>1901735
>>1901747
also, to add to this response, banks and investment management companies, where you would have access to a broad range of inside info, are a different story. you would provide them all your info by law i believe.
>>
Sorry
The trading group is here
>>1901663
>>
>>1901735
If your employer prevents you trading due to regulation, I'd be more worried that the regulator would find it.
>>
>>1901747
Did your current and former employer prohibit you from doing it entirely, or did they just require that you notify them of all your trades/request pre-trade approval?

>>1901758
Well there are disclosure rules like NYSE 407 but from what I gather if you are just doing vanilla trading it's more an issue with your employer than a concern of regulators.

>>1902384
I can't think of regulations that would prohibit you from trading. There are disclosure rules as I mentioned above but not sure if the regulator prevents it. Always thought the prohibition rested with your employer/employment contract.
>>
>>1902477
No, but if your firm trades something in substantial quantities, your trade could get picked up as front running, and if your firm trades private assets (like loans) and you trade the equivalent public assets it'd be flagged as potential insider trading.
>>
>>1902477
what I was trying to get across was, unless it's an investment management firm, it's don't ask don't tell.

obviously if you ask about it, it's going to be prohibited. They don't want you to do it because it distracts from your job, but there is not some rule where your broker has to alert your employer about your account/trades.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.