[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apply for Jr. or Sr. Position?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1403738753353.jpg (117KB, 642x718px) Image search: [Google]
1403738753353.jpg
117KB, 642x718px
So a job for a huge company I've wanted to work at most of my life has opened up.

I am qualified, possibly overqualified (but not by a ton) for the Jr. position. The Sr. position is one that I could probably talk myself through in an interview, but I'm on the low end of career experience, and if I got hired, would be reasonably in over my head.

It's a tech position, so I can't make up for inexperience with enthusiasm.

Which should I apply for? I can only apply for one online.
>>
Apply for both with different email addresses.
>>
>>1900234
Senior position. Things get less technical as you move up the ladder. If you can't talk yourself into the senior position, they might offer you the junior one instead. If you have no pride you can just take it.
>>
>>1900234
sr position
jump into the fire and learn dont be a big fish in a small pond
>>
Programmer here
Apply for sr
lie about ur exp but not to much
If u really know thee tech then u can do it
Ur job as a sr is to over look the jr, help out a tiny bit lile if someone is stuck,
Most of the time its just being ask for ur opinion on tech

If its a big company like google,ibm, etc
Ur job is to dick around n be the leader of a button in a menu that only shows up after someone clicks on a certain link twice a year
>>
>>1900247

The problem for me here is evaluating and comparing various platforms. I know how to work in the one they're using, but in terms of asking the hard hitting questions, I'm not really there. They also want someone who knows how to set this up from the ground up, which I have never been a part of a team to do.

>>1900250
>>1900248
It doesn't really appear I'll have the resources to learn on the job from in this case.

It's also going to be highly competitive.
>>
>>1900250
>If its a big company like google,ibm, etc
>Ur job is to dick around n be the leader of a button in a menu that only shows up after someone clicks on a certain link twice a year
kek
>>
>>1900234
go big or go home. work extra and extra hard to learn what you need to be successful.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.