[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw found a job We'll have to see how it is. My expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1490472365769.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490472365769.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>tfw found a job

We'll have to see how it is. My expectations are set quite low to be honest considering it's a retailcuck position.
>>
>>1899668
don't be so down. you will learn about customer behavior and managerial styles. and will make use of it when creating your own business
>>
>>1899680
You talk like a literal boomer that's never worked a real job in his life.
>>
>>1899891
How is it "literal boomer" to learn while on the job in order to prepare for the next step? You sound like a bratty millennial that's never had a job, period.
>>
>>1899668

youll fail miserably.
>>
All you do is show up and make small amounts of money. You can't really fail, it is what it is.
>>
>>1899919
>Boomer took the bait
>>
>>1899680
This, desu.

Learning how to influence/manipulate behavior is the only soft skill that matters in business. Watch how successful managers do it, and learn.
>>
I was hesitant about my first job too.

It paid shit and it was cleaning up trash along side roads. But it was a small company with high turnover because of the shit pay. I stuck it out and eventually got trained to do more things like certified to put up signs, perform lane closures, respond to wrecks, etc. I'm now 22 and a supervisor making more than my parents.
>>
This >>1899951

Also the reason I decided to start my own business and work fr myself.. even through the initial difficult stages I have never and will never look back.. There is NOTHING WORSE (apart from being a NEETKEK maybe) than having to go somewhere you hate every single day, wasting your valuable time for below minimum wage..

I used to stand there every day, knowing every hour I was getting fucked by my employers, at the end of a full (usually 6 day week) you get you shit pay that goes nowhere and then you need to repeat the process again next week.

It is like living in limbo, wake up, go to work, spend the whole day there, make minimum wage, go home, sleep, rinse, repeat.

I learnt ONE extremely valuable lesson though, and that was that there are people in this world who are have no aspirations and whom are happy to waste their lives in minimum wage jobs, women who would brag to me about being at a fucking shitty retail job for like 20+ years while I fucking was frustrated by every second I had to be there. At leas I know I will be able to find my own cuck employees when the times comes, whom will make money for me while earning fuck all themselves.
>>
>>1899990
Op here

How the fuck do I figure out how to start a business? I don't know anything
>>
>>1899668
Watch management and stay on their good side. I'm a retail manager and we clear pretty good paychecks with only a little more responsibility.

If you find yourself miserable then congrats, you have ambition. Use it.
>>
>>1900009
The shortest answer to this question is learn EVERYTHING you can about the place where you are working and then open a competing business. Or figure out s way to buy the place where you are working. Have you read think and grow rich by napoleon hill? If not, read it.
>>
>>1900009

I can only speak for myself (and my own country) but it really is not that difficult.. If you have the determination to d something you can get it done.

In my case, I had one marketable skill which I turned into a high profit business, but I can give you another example.

>Fathers friend gets fired from desk job
>Has trouble finding another job
>Stressing out thinking what the fuck is he going to do, has the added pressure of needing to support a family

>Realizes he has 1 lawnmower in his shed
>Goes door to door with lawnmower marketing his lawn mowing services
>Starts getting cash in hand
>Keeps gaining more work + repeat business
>Invests in other equipment
>Now operates his own business making more than double he ever made at the desk job

I like this example because 1. it was real and 2. it proves how easy it is to do if you have the drive and 3. shows you it isnt really a complicated process

In my country (Aus) all you really need is an ABN to become a sole trader, thats all you really need to get started officially.. After that you would then look at getting public liability insurance (pretty affordable), register a business name, start a website, get some cards, make sme flyers and thats it.. It is that easy.

The MOST IMPORTANT PART is having the drive to get out of your house and get work.. It is true that it doesnt come to you but you can get it if you put in the effort.
>>
>>1900046

Ill just also add.. Nothing will give you the drive to get out and find work more than being stuck in a retail store all day making below minimum wage.

You can make what $100 per day in a shitty retail position? I can make $500+ in 2 hours, and I can do multiple jobs per day, not every job is a $500 job, I might only make $165 per hour (my lowest rate).. But that is still $65 more in ONE HOUR than I used to make in a whole fucking day in a retail position.
>>
>>1900035
>>1900046
>>1900071
I have literally no skills or experience

I'm also a kissless virgin with no friends. What do I need to read to learn how to get started on even thinking of an idea let alone a business plan and then putting it into action?
>>
>>1900093

I dont want to be mean friendo but you have a wagecuck attitude. Running a business requires action, it can be as simple (like my fathers friend) or as complicated as you want it to be, mowing lawns required no experience but he makes tons of money doing it.

If you had the drive you would have googled it already instead of kept asking here on 4chan of all places.
>>
>>1900093
Dude your answer has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Basically I said "learn on the job" and your paraphrased reply was "but I'm a pussy." Stop being a pussy and go be the best employee your boss has. Then, guess what? You'll have skills and abilities, and maybe even some confidence. You know what confident guys get? Pussy.
>>
>>1900128
>>1900219
Thank you families I'll try it harder
>>
>>1900235
Don't try. Just fucking do it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.