[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sensible Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2015-09-13-11-04-11.png (684KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-13-11-04-11.png
684KB, 720x1280px
> Move out when you're 21
This gives you enough time to either secure a degree or establish yourself in any career path you've chosen. This is not a financial decision - you will save more living at home - but I learned more about life and independent my first year on my own then I did the previous 18. The freedom is now priceless to me. If you are over 21 and still live with your parents I do not hate you. Maybe you're getting back on your feet? Maybe both parties are extremely comfortable with the situation? My advice would be to concretely make a plan to move out and share it with your parents. Something along the lines of "Starting the 1st of April I will move out in 6 months. I will apply to two jobs, and research two apartment buildings in my ideal location per day. I will secure a job and save x amount of money per week." If you're at home for purely financial reasons just omit the first part of that.
> Putting your money in Coins or Penny Stocks is merely betting
Yes, you can make money doing this. And some do - professional poker players also exist. But a vast majority lose big. There is no proven track record. For those who use Bitcoin as an example of the system working - there are THOUSANDS of coins that fail. The odds of you finding the next Bitcoin are about as good as you sitting an a roulette table and coming out victorious. Those who try to get you to buy coins or penny stock on this board are not your friend. They have a financial interest in you buying their investment and making it worth more.
All I'll say about investing in the stock market is look at any given 10 year period of the S&P 500 - it's gone up 100% of the time.
> Feel free to add your own to this thread.
>>
> Credit Cards can be extremely dangerous and should never be used for purchases that you could not have made with cash that you currently have in your bank account.
937.9 Billion (more than the GDP of Belgium and Denmark combined). That's the US's credit card debt. The average interest on this debt is 15.07%. Credit cards do have perks, and can be used reasonably, but it's like playing with a snake. They can offer perks like 2% cash back because 87% of those with a credit card pay fees and interest ever year. Of the remaining 13% that is paid off consistently, 3% of that is company credit cards that have no chance of not being able to cover the cost. That means 10% of Americans are able to do what every single credit card holder says they will do - use it and come out on top. 15% of those who own multiple credit cards have debt to a collections agency for defaulting on one. There are other ways to build credit.
>>
> Track your spending
I use the Money Manager app, it's free and easy to use. After every consumer purchase I track what it was and round up or down to the nearest dollar. Nothing will open your eyes more to the waste in your life. There are many such apps, you should try out a few to figure out which works for you. If you can't actually track how much you spend on what then you will never be able to take complete control of your financial life, no matter your income. You don't even have to let this information change your behavior - just make yourself aware of it.
>>
>>1898693
The problem with sensible advice is that it's tailored for the average person, and the average person is a fucking retard.

But yeah, all the advice so far ITT is really good for the average person
>>
>Only fuck married women
Child support is a killer. It's best to get someone else to foot the bill.
>>
I had to move back in I Bulged a disc and can't walk
>>
Living on your own has absolutely no financial benefit. The only sole reason you should ever purchase a home or rent your own place is if you have a family. Stay with your family for as long as you can bear it or find roommates.

It's okay to make risky investments when you're young. A 25 year old losing $100K is nothing compared to a 55 year old losing $100K. You will earn that back in your life time while the boomer likely won't.

Credit cards are to be utilized to build credit, not to be used as a financing option or to keep one as an "emergency fund" or something. Get one, sign up your auto pay bills to it, and pay off the balance before each statement to keep your utilization ratio low.

Tracking spending and keeping a budget is key to financial success, whether you make $30K a year or $300K a year. Track your spending for a few months to figure out what you spend too much on and cut back. Always search for better deals. Don't let your auto or health insurance Jew you with rate hikes. You should be searching for cheaper coverage about once every year.

The best way to be happy is to find an inexpensive hobby. Paying $20 a day on eating out and $100 a week on video games isn't a good hobby to have. Get into fishing, wood working, painting, etc. Find something you enjoy doing and something that you could potentially make some side money off of. A Russian guy at my work place is a hardcore fishermen and will always make his money back or more by selling the fish he catches on his fishing trips. My Uncle always enjoyed doing landscaping and yard work and it's now his full time job after quitting the wage cuck life.

Don't finance anything that can't build equity. Don't finance a brand new car when that $5K down payment could have bought a used car that would suit just fine for you. Don't finance a brand new big boat that you only take out a few times a year when buying an older used one for a little bit of nothing will serve it's purpose.
>>
>>1898693

Why should anyone care about your advice?
>>
>>1899228
It's better than yours
>>
>>1898693

Why should I waste a lot of my money on rent when I can live at my dad's place for cheap in a good neighborhood, which is close to work, where I go to school, and everything? Eventually the house will be mine, so why bother?
>>
>>1898693
>muh sandp
this dumb motherfucker is a nocoiner!!! haha get lost loser. this is a new generation. heres my advice: buy 10k of eth and dopecoin and retire next year. kys you redit personal finance fag
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.