[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada anti-piracy Laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: J39jf.png (4KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
J39jf.png
4KB, 175x175px
I'm speaking on behalf of a depressed, online friend from CANADA that's concerned about his situation and too paranoid to ask. He has suffered from a range of mental issues over the last few years.

He put together several flyers for a small food company without owning a commercial license for the design program that he uses. I only know that he barely makes money from this work.

Did he screw himself over or should he just purchase a commercial license now? Could said company have his computer's MAC addresses logged, IP, etc.? What precautions should he take? He is terrified to purchase the program because he believes the company will search for him and find a way to sue him into the ground.

I know some people will give me trolling answer but I'm genuinely curious. Thanks!
>>
is there any way to create the flyers without that exact design program?
>>
>>1898690

Yes, I'm sure there are.
>>
>>1898669
> He has suffered from a range of mental issues over the last few years.

Time to find some new friends Anon.
>>
>>1898692

Eh, there are a lot of good people with some issues.
>>
>>1898698

> good people
> using software to design without commercial license
> good people
> being paranoid about getting sued

Sounds like a criminal to me.
>>
>>1898716

He has gone through a lot of shit in his life. I know ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but he wants to make it right now.

Also, his profits have been extremely low.
>>
>>1898669
why not get permission from the company? im sure they would love to be promoted. if hes claiming their logo as his own, thats different, and if this program of his is easily searchable, they might file a complaint.
>>
>>1898728

Why is he getting worried about this again? It's like pirating Photoshop, using it for commercial work and flipping out cause you think the FBI is watching you. Which is what it sounds like. Is that what's going on?
>>
>>1898669
The software company is absolutely, 100%, not going to spend its time and resources hunting down small business flyers, finding out who designed them, cross-referencing their customer databases, and using expensive legal actions to recover small amounts of money from people who most likely don't have any.

There is literally no chance of it happening, at all.

If it did happen (which it absolutely won't), the most they would do anyway would be to send him a letter telling him to stop using the software commercially without the appropriate licence.

If he expands into doing larger, more profitable projects, then he should consider purchasing the correct licence.
>>
>>1899749

Thanks... I told him this and he was relieved.
>>
>>1898692
Or time to keep being a beo and be a better friend every day and help him not an hero like my best friend last year...
>>
>>1898716
Oh fuckoff. Photoshop is $700
>>
You never have to pay unless it's more than 10k. I've written off a/p multiple times companies were in cash crunch situations.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.