[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do stock markets ever close?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (68KB, 651x478px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
68KB, 651x478px
It seems like such an outdated concept
>>
>>1898558
That's why we trade cryptos
>>
>>1898565
This tbqh.
>>
Financial institutions still have business hours, infrastructure needs maintenance, holiday laws, etc.
>>
>>1898558
>midnight meeting of witches with the Devil
>>
>>1898558
Mostly this: >>1898568, also regulation of the market

Also, you wouldn't want a 24-hr market; volume would die and halt bull runs in a fairly predictable manner which would hinder growth.

You have to also realize that crypto markets also have the benefit of shorting being much more difficult than in the traditional market.

If the traditional market operated with the same hours, then it'd be easier for hedge funds and big money to identify times when the market's volume was weaker (and volume would less concentrated and weaker than the current 9:30-4 setup), and be able to short the shit out of things, sending shares prices crashing down. The markets would become a very uneven playing field for the little guy, and that's not good if you want sustainable long term growth.
>>
There were demand for it, sufficient to justify the costs, it would exist.

It doesn't.
>>
Because it gives you time to fabricate more bullshit
>>
>>1898558
they are open half of the day on jewish holidays.

and they close because people who work at stock trading places have to go home, as stated by higher commissions.

if you want to continue trading, try trading stocks in different countries that are before 4:30 at their time zone.
>>
>>1898857
I WANT TO GAMBLE ON ASIAN STOCK REREEEEEEE
>>
on big regulated exchanges there's market makers
some investment group is supposed to buy and sell at a specific price for the day

>ensures a 2 sided market within a specified range (the "Spread Goal") exists at all times. The Market Maker must enter orders to maintain this range when natural market liquidity falls is not present at or within the Spread Goal.
>Contribute to market liquidity and depth
>Maintain activity in the market
>Service odd lots

If the price of a stock drops beyond a specified amount (usually 20%) then trading is halted to stop panic selling

right now private off hours trading requires a very large amount of money to enter
with eth you could have a group own 10000 shares of exxon, and then have 10000 tokens and allow for all hours trading, wouldn't be surprised if this happens soon, already have it with gold
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>1898558
what's the deal with the pre-market and after hours market? how can you trade when the market is closed? I mean, who ARE these PEOPLE?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.