[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got accepted into an economic Major at the top 100 schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1488764820554.png (1MB, 535x592px) Image search: [Google]
1488764820554.png
1MB, 535x592px
I got accepted into an economic Major at the top 100 schools in the U.S.

DId i fuck up, and why?
>>
>>1898376
You did not fuck up, the only way you could have fucked up is if you believe you can not handle the debt.
>>
>top 100
My sides
>>
>>1898442
It's not that bad if he ends up going for a PhD, he can always upgrade.

>Went to 4th tier school for undergrad in Physics, went to top 10 for gradschool. Nobody ever looks at undergrad degree.
>>
Top 100 ain't bad
My school isn't even in the top 300 for best value
>>
>>1898376
No you did well
>>
>>1898456
This is super super common in physics. I literally go to a shit tier public liberal arts school for physics, and almost all the people who go here who stick with it get accepted into a good school. A few have went to Ivies.
>>
>>1898376
>top 100
is that meant to be impressive?
>>
Top X school literally means nothing if it's not an Ivy league school

Economics is a shitty major and you'll end up being a barista after you graduate.
>>
Economics is the minor business students take so they can get through the non-business electives.

Do you enjoy maths like statistics and algebra?
>>
>>1898979

I think its okay, i just want a good chance of getting a great career.

I just want to know if i can make 70+ without having to get a phd.
>>
>>1898945

Is it too late to change?

What would you recommend?
>>
>>1899614
math
>>
>>1899625
I majored in Math at a top Ivy League school.

It fucking sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm an actuary now. Anyway, no, I wouldn't recommend this.
>>
>>1899614
Engineering in mechanical, civil, electrical, computer or software
Marketing
Computer Science
>>
>>1899614
If you want to get into investing:
Statistics, Math, Data Science, Engineering (any except industrial), CS in that order. Ignore guy that said marketing unless you want to make 40k in NYC
>>
>>1898376
>top 100
maybe you could work at a Fortune 1000 company someday kek
>>
>>1899614
Posted before but just wanted to say that it doesn't matter as long as you do well, especially if you plan on grad school. There is also a difference between random second rate public/private school that's top 100 and "I went to university of arkansas becasue I had no money and it was the best in my state".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.