[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETH Wallet fucking shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: WHYWONTTHISSHITFUCKINGWORK.jpg (42KB, 591x234px) Image search: [Google]
WHYWONTTHISSHITFUCKINGWORK.jpg
42KB, 591x234px
Why won't this thing sync up? I've tried so much shit and still nothing! My ETH still hasn't come through because of this and I'm missing out on buying more and it's booming at the moment WHAT DA FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>what is myetherwallet

the cryptomarkets are tanking generally. ETH goes back to 42$. BTC back to ~1000$
>>
>>1898160
>he fell for the ETH meme
it takes a lot less to sync the BTC wallet, although that blockchain has been around a lot longer. Let that sink in.
>>
>>1898160
yeah I know its complete bullshit. atleast bitcoin wallets sync up faster.

try opening your wallet using https://www.myetherwallet.com/

it should hopefully work

but yeah, ethereum still sucks in transactions. it ain't going to the moon until it can sort that out
>>
use command geth --fast in cmd or terminal after clearing your geth folder in APPDATA (not the keystore please!) this will load the blockchain faster. alternatively, you could use myetherwallet to open your wallet and send some ether which does not require you to download the blockchain.

as the blockchain of ethereum is pretty big, geth could take up to a day to fully sync.
>>
If ethereum doesnt somve the blockchain bloat problem, how fucked are they?
>>
you can actually download the blockchain bro..
here for example: http://mudra.cloud/ethereum/blockchain.html

noob
>>
>>1898173
false, most wallets just already implemented partial blockchain downloading, mist( the standard ether wallet) hasn't yet( and this is good, geth --fast is more than enough. downloading just some of the chain is a securityflaw)
>>
>>1898190
the fact that you need to not download part of the blockchain for it to be slightly more efficient to download shows how shit ethereum developers are at coding.
>tfw BTC's 100gb blockchain syncs in half a day
eth is a shitcoin
>>
download mist
also eth is overhyped trash
>>
File: 1409442104146.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1409442104146.png
39KB, 914x1091px
Thank you everybody in this thread. I was seriously losing my shit, now everything is looking much better. Downloading the blockchain from this link>>1898179

Cheers, /biz/.
>>
>>1898195
>the fact that you need to not download part of the blockchain for it to be slightly more efficient to download shows how shit ethereum developers are at coding.
Dude what? it's not slightly more efficient to download more, it's more secure to download the whole blockchain and should be the standard process under 40 gb to undermine attacks on the infrastructure. if everyone would just download some parts the whole blockchain could get serious security issues.

they will implement it when the blockchain get's bigger. BTC wallets also did not have this feature when btc was under 200 dollars market value.
>>
>>1898160
You need to use Parity...it's way easier to Sync.

https://parity.io/

If you really need a wallet, I recommend

https://www.myetherwallet.com/
>>
>>1898160
anon if you are using the "ethereum wallet" which it looks like you are, try downloading the mist browser instead, it has the same wallet in it but for some reason it doesnt get stuck with the syncing like ethereum wallet does.

If you've already sent eth to that address though I'd backup my key files just in case it overwrites it though since it is made by the same people.

But backing up your keys is good practice anyway.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.