[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is real estate the ultimate meme career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

>Have to PAY to work for someone
>Have to SPLIT every cheque with your boss
>Have to work every weekend, evening, and holiday
>No benefits at all whatsoever
>Spend most of your time telling people you are an agent and begging them for sales

Is being a real estate agent the ultimate meme career?
>>
>>1893275
Nope, you make bank every commission, plus the benefit of being exposed to the undiscovered unicorns in the market is worth more than any relaxing weekend. The best bit: you barely need any training. A middle aged housewife can literally do it for a living and pull 100k per year consistently.
>>
File: coffee.gif (843KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.gif
843KB, 245x229px
>>1893284
>SPLITTING your paycheque with your boss
>No benefits
>Working evenings, holidays, weekends
>Begging people to give you a sale
>>
If you're talking about becoming an AGENT, then yes. It's business model is very similar to an MLM. You pay to get in, you pay for dues, all commission-based, anyone can do it.

But, there are many other real estate jobs. Lenders, inspectors, contractors, home flippers, developers, property managers, landlords, lots of good money to be made there.
>>
>>1893275
What do you mean you need to pay to work for someone?
That's not the case in my country..
>>
File: drink with straw.gif (438KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
drink with straw.gif
438KB, 500x281px
>>1894000
Yes I mean agent. I'm going to go into lending because it's less of a hassle. Or accounting, the next big meme.

>>1894028
Where are you from? In Canada and parts of America you have to pay your brokerage a set amount every month to work for them. Can be anywhere from 400 to 1000 dollars a month. On top of that you need to split your commission cheque with them too. And pay for your own marketing and website and business cards and all that. No benefits. Paying 400 to 1000 dollars a month for nothing.
>>
File: finger.gif (991KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
finger.gif
991KB, 500x220px
Shameless self bump
>>
>>1893284
Yup. I work 50 hours a week and studying for my test.

Been 5 months looking for part time work that isnt weekends or till midnight. Dont mind some weekends i guess. Gonna start my own real estate company after i learn the ropes being a wagecuck 80 hours a week.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.