[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best degree if my ambition is a carreer in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sean spicer.jpg (66KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sean spicer.jpg
66KB, 1280x960px
What would be the best degree if my ambition is a carreer in PR, spokesmanship, lobbying, ...
>>
>>1891434
Learn how much you will get paid in rubles to shill for your comrade
>>
>>1891434
Literally anything.

What gets you those kinds of positions is your ability to effectively network with important people in positions of power. Going to an elite university also helps tremendously.

People need to stop thinking degrees will guarantee them jobs in certain fields. That's not how it works at all.
>>
>>1891449
He will get paid 30k monthly, but you would not make any significance in this world, wagecuck.
t. Russky
>>
knee pad studies
>>
>>1891454
you need an accounting degree to do accounting you tard
>>
>>1891454
Maybe the pic in the OP was poorly chosen. I don't wanna get into politics, my ambition is to be a PR/communications/marketing for enterprises

What about communication sciences?
>>
>>1891434
Political Science and Philosophy from a prestigious university. None of that matters if you have a shitty personality.
>>
>>1891495

Finance can also do accounting work.
>>
>>1891495
No you don't. Certainly degrees can help you get jobs, but they don't guarantee it at all. You can get an accounting degree and end up working at Target as a cashier.

>>1891605
Communication Sciences is a pretty weak major, not highly looked upon. You might be better served getting a degree in English. But might point still stands, it's all about networking and being aelf-motivated.
>>
>>1891785
I'm getting a BA in history this year, looking for a master's now.

I thought about communication, journalism, political science, marketing.

It's just that I don't want to enter the labour market with a fucking arts degree
>>
>>1891785
but to be an accountant you need certifications which require an accounting degree you dumb fuck
>>
>>1891434
Journalism or Marketing.

Journalism will give you an insight into how editors and publishers operate, but also teach you how to smaaaaaaaaaaash out copy. Because if you want to go into PR then your priority is how to sculpt the conversation, and more importantly get exposure.

Marketing with an emphasis on strategy will teach you about how to target and segment the public. Karl Rove was really the pioneer of targeted marketing-style thinking in politics. A lot of where his team excelled was basically analytics.

Actually I don't think you really need to study to go into PR, I've found most of the material online. PR is basically about building up relationships with the media, knowing journalists and having an overflowing rolodex

Lobbying, not so sure, maybe study "Policy". I'd still suggest doing Journalism, Marketing, or Communications because you want to learn how to get the public onside so you have leverage in your one-on-one dealings with scumbag politicians.

Then after go to Oxford and do a Masters of Arts PPE, where students don't do a thesis, but instead tonnes of mini-essays, which teaches them how to deliver media-friendly concise policy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Oxford_people_with_PPE_degrees
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.