[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fitting in the work force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
How do I get people to like me? I've realized that it doesn't matter if you have a high gpa or a degree. If you can't connect with people, then you're fucked.

I'm pretty aspie fuck, so I''m wondering how can improve myself, so that people will like me? I can't really fake it because I know people can automatically tell
>>
File: AspiesBTFO.png (30KB, 273x647px) Image search: [Google]
AspiesBTFO.png
30KB, 273x647px
>>1885407
Just be ESTJ, anon lol.
>>
I thought this was /biz/ not /diariesofawageslave/
>>
>>1885407
most jobs have people you can connect with, if they have 20-50 employees or something at least 1-2 you can talk to.

but the problem is some normies will hate you truly
>>
>>1885407
It's not like everyone at work is a popular social butterfly. Lots of coworkers have annoying personalities. I've worked at places where everyone just hates each other and nobody is really liked. Lots of bosses are anti-social too.
>>
I'm a pretty nice dude, always friendly and trying to lighten up the place, look out for new people, etc. But I never go out and just hassle people.

The really serious people hate me; there is literally nothing I can do to prevent this since I'm already at maximum nice all day everyday anyway.

Sometimes people just want you to shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1487672404712.jpg (29KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
1487672404712.jpg
29KB, 753x601px
>>1885534
>tfw intp
>>
File: 1490107553991.jpg (109KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1490107553991.jpg
109KB, 750x722px
Find work where you don't have to connect with people.
>>
File: 1407845861411.png (119KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
1407845861411.png
119KB, 635x493px
>look somewhat normie, but actually am a complete autist
>learned long time ago that shutting my mouth will prevent many problems
>only smile & greet people and talk about stuff directly related to work
>some people dislike me probably because I can't into banter and don't socialize with them after work

i was born this way, what the FUCK am i supposed to do
>>
>>1885594
The genuinely nice people in a workplace are gold. The ones that act super nice and upbeat but talk shit about people/tattle to the boss are unbearable though. At some jobs I felt like I was only person who saw the "nice" "cool" person for what they really were. Maybe I've just worked at shitty places.
>>
Is networking really the only way to get a job now?
>>
>>1886850
Seems like it. I've put out 50 resumes over the last year and not gotten a single call back. But they way I got my current job was through networking my connections.

The jobs you want aren't listed on a job board.
>>
>>1885630
>i was born this way

Be the silent, cool guy. When people want to make small talk with you, just ask them follow up questions. If they say "hey what do you think of x" just make them tell you, say "well what do you think?"

If they are making small talk just make them tell you about themselves. People love to talk. If you are the guy that people can talk to and you just listen, nod your head, smile, and ask them to tell you more, everyone will love you.
>>
>>1886933
I see.
Did you just meet people over LinkedIn? A buddy of mine said that thats how he got his job. He just adds random people on there and just try and make small talk with them. By doing this he has 500+ connections now.

idk if I could do that though.
It just seems too weird for me.
>>
>>1885407
I would recommend getting into one or two hobbies that they can relate to. Watching the latest HBO and Netflix shit is always good for a chat. Something like fantasy football while extremely bland can at least get you knowledge enough to talk sports a bit. Lastly just ask questions and seem interested. Ask about their kids or the last vacation they went on. Or if they got a new car. You'll get stuck in long ass conversations sometimes so don't do this every day.

You really don't have to be outgoing but you have to put in some effort and show a little interest in being friendly
>>
>>1885407
read the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie
>>
>>1887002
This. Take it with a grain of salt though or you'll look like a pushover.
>>
>>1885407
Even if they can tell that you're aspie, as long as they aren't complete dicks, they'll be nice to you if you're nice to them.

Start by smiling and saying hi. Then ask non threatening questions like 'how was your weekend?' If they don't volunteer information other than 'good' and you have the balls, ask 'what did you do?' They'll tell you some sort of normie cuck shit. If they're polite they'll ask back, you tell them about how you beat final Fantasy in record time or jacked off without cumming for 16 hours or whatever the fuck your into/wanna tell them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.