[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a lawsuit do I have here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1487626384257.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1487626384257.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>work at shitty 8.75/hr job in Nevada
>have shitty managers and supervisors
>me and my coworkers constantly don't get our 10 minute breaks
>it's been so bad that on multiple occasions they've threatened that anyone who asks for breaks will be sent home and taken off the schedule for two weeks
>constantly work 8 hour shifts without my second break let alone first 10 minute break
>>
why don't you call a lawyer instead of asking a Cambodian dart blowing board?
>>
Going to add a bit for more info
>30 minute break periods are always provided
>their reason for struggling with all of this is "'coverage"" and the amount of people we're dealing with
>supervisors hold grudges against me for asking about my breaks that they forget to give me
>in the employee handbook they say we're supposed to receive two 10 minute breaks anytime we work more than six hours
>we have literally never got a second 10 minute break
>>
>>1879270
I'm actually waiting on a call back from one now
>>
>>1879249
Bro i never had a job where i even get breaks.

Quit bitchin
>>
just take your break
they can't fire you for it
if they do fire you for it, then you have a case
>>
>>1879829
This.
>>
>>1879278

Get a stopwatch.
At 6 hour mark, finish your current task then go on break.
>>
>>1879249

Call the DOL in your state. They'll fuck that business up right quick.
>>
>>1880843
>>1879829
Not true. They can state they fired you for insubordination or being late by changing your schedule without notifying you. Proof is on the accuser. Its best to notify the better business bureau or their headquarters.
>>
>>1879278
Best way to do it would be to wear some type of hidden camera, ask for a break, get btfo, then return the favor x10
>>
>>1879249
Dude, stop being such a pussy
I work a $9 an hour job here in Ohio and I just never take breaks
They only slow you down and make you wish you were at home and give you less money while you're still at work
>>
>>1879249
Welcome to low pay wagecucking. It sucks, get over it. Grind through it
>>
>>1881323
this desu fampai
>>
>>1879249
you have to have a ten minute break for every 3:15 you work in Nevada.

What part of the state are you in?
>>
>>1881501

What kind of shit job do you have that doesn't have paid breaks?
>>
>>1883430
Not that anon, but currently working a gas station cashier job where we get zero breaks. The gas station is super small though so its not like we have an employee break room and the manager doesn't care if we do our college work/mess around in between waiting for customers. Guess its a good trade off.
>>
>>1879249
Not sure what the law is in Nevada but it's probably the same as here in California. If you aren't given either a rest break or lunch break you are owed one hour of wages for every break period not given. You aren't entitled to anything other than that and don't really need an attorney but only need to contact your states labor board. It's probably not worth your time though unless it's been years and you plan on quitting soon after because your employer will most likely fire you the first time you fuck anything up once you take out a claim against them.
>>
>>1881501
KEK. Wagecucking for a fucking McD's job and then shilling for them on the internet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.