[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FREE BTC MONEY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Free-Money.jpg (34KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
Free-Money.jpg
34KB, 300x188px
So if (when) the Bitcoin does this Hardfork thing do I really get both parts of the split? I double my investment instantly? How does this all work? Is the BTC hardfork going to cause a huge BTC pump for everyone to get a tasty 100% back instantly?

If all of the above is true, why are people holding ETH? What are the time predictions for the split?
>>
>>1878440
if things sound too good to be true then they most likely aren't
>>
>>1878440
ETH has backers and it's going to be put on alphabay here soon. We're hovering at 45 right now and we'll probably break 50 by Tuesday evening and drop back down to 39. Buy the dip at 40 for a sweet 20% return.
>>
>>1878440
you have it backwards. the btc fork will cause a huge dump and the coin will split in to two with one faction supporting each coin.

say bitcoin is $1000 before the fork. it will split in to 2 with one coin being about $700 and the other coin being about $300 with each faction dumping the other sides chain to oblivion.

then eventually you will either have an ETH/ETC situation where there is a butthurt minority chain with less value and one that is the main chain but constantly ankle bited by the minority chain. in fact this is sure to happen with exchanges and miners both saying they will support bitcoin unlimited.

so no. now is not the time to buy bitcoin because it is a clusterfuck and has a good chance of dying forever and ethereum taking over the top spot

TL/DR:

Bitcoin is a mess
>>
>>1878440

I think it means that value will drop to half on both chains. . .

Then people will chose a dominant chain like eth and etc
>>
>I double my investment instantly?
Think about that question for a moment. If you are having a hard time, think about what happens when a company's stock splits.
>>
File: 1475095062981.gif (5KB, 200x175px)
1475095062981.gif
5KB, 200x175px
>>1878453
>say bitcoin is $1000 before the fork. it will split in to 2 with one coin being about $700 and the other coin being about $300 with each faction dumping the other sides chain to oblivion.

>>1878455
>I think it means that value will drop to half on both chains. . .

Well fuck. Ok I'll stick with ETH then.
>>
File: 1483714866819.jpg (58KB, 707x512px)
1483714866819.jpg
58KB, 707x512px
>>1878453
btc fork to unlimited
>becomes better
>loss value
pick one
>>
I don't understand while core just does not increase block size

as far as I understand Nakamoto said bitcoin should have no problem to scale larger than Visa level. Imposed limit was only a temporary fix.
>>
File: 1487347428325.jpg (17KB, 268x265px)
1487347428325.jpg
17KB, 268x265px
>>1878525
loses value initially, better system in the long run.

you fans are better off day trading if you're just trying to make a quick buck. or, idk, get an actual job.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.