[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too Good To Be True

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: TGTBT.jpg (82KB, 848x508px) Image search: [Google]
TGTBT.jpg
82KB, 848x508px
What are some signs that a business idea is too good to be true?

I have an idea for an app
and I've figured out some basic things like
monetisation and marketing / pr strategies

So what are some questions I should apply to the business to test its viability?
>>
>>1878309
Get someone to pay for it.
>>
>What are some signs that a business idea is too good to be true?
Besides high profit for little effort?
>So what are some questions I should apply to the business to test its viability?
No so much testing viability, but you should ask yourself why the business doesn't already exist. Assume that people have already had the idea before.
>>
>>1878315
That would work for most businesses

But since its an app, it would take tens of thousands to create a minimum viable product
I'll definitely ask everyday people what they think of it though

Also, certain ideas seem crazy at first

>would you get into a strangers car or let a stranger into your car?

>would you sleep in a strangers home instead of a hotel, or let a stranger sleep in your home?

>>1878324
>ask yourself why the business doesn't already exist
That kind of thinking is contradictory though

I do agree it would be wise to research whether similar businesses have existed

but the fact that a business doesn't exist yet isn't a valid reason to doubt your idea

the most successful ideas are the ones that make people facepalm
because it was so obvious and they can't believe they didnt think of it themselves
>YouTube
>Snapchat
>Whatsapp
>Uber
>AirBNB
>>
>>1878366
>That kind of thinking is contradictory though
No, it isn't. It's a safeguard to prevent you from wasting money on something that is indeed too good to be true. If you cannot find any valid reason why the business doesn't already exist, then you can proceed to the next step.
>>
>>1878396
Alright fair enough

What are the next steps then?
>>
>>1878415
Work out a detailed business plan.
>>
>>1878425
That would require a large time sink though
Anything I can do quickly to check beforehand?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.