[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats wrong with this idea? Someone shit on me please before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 271x186px
Whats wrong with this idea? Someone shit on me please before I pull the trigger

Why not just buy an ASIC like the S9 which produces 12.5TH/s, and mine shitty SHA256 alt coins like DEM, ZET, XJO, etc, then sit on them for a while until the price at least double or triples (which isnt too hard for coins like these to do) and cash the fuck out. I understanding its somewhat gambling just like regular investing because the coin might not go anywhere, but still these seems much more profitable than just throwing money at coins. Am I wrong?
>>
It's better to just buy the coins outright and wait.
>>
>>1876514
A lot of the more valuable coins don't use SHA256, and I can only imagine newer currencies that want to protect their distribution will continue to use newer algos or create their own to prevent BTC miners (who will be out of a job after the hard fork) from using their million dollar farms to snap up 100% of a currency.
>>
>>1876543
I just did some quick math and you buy 10 S9s for 13K usd, you can produce 70$/day in PPC
Itll take around half a year to get your 13K back and from then on its all profit. Seems easy enough and more lucrative than investing in shitty coins and hoping they go up
>>
>>1876585
how much power are they sucking tho?
>>
>>1876585
But investing in shitty coins and hoping they go up is exactly what you would be doing if you did that.
>>
I ran a small btc farm a while back, was profitable in the end because of the big increase in value, but had I just bought and held would have made twice as much with none of the fucking around.
>>
>>1876613
well not really, because you can sell all the coins you make daily/weekly/monthly, etc.
>>
>>1876659
what hashrate was your farm mining at? Did you sell off the equipment in the end?
>>
>>1876514
I still think that buying the coins is almost easier and yields the same results as mining.
If anything buying is more powerful because it's instant. Mining takes a while. Unless you manage to mine 0.01 of Pascal in 30 mins and sell it for 300 BTC. The only pro is that you don't risk money anymore, but you also can't earn 100x of your invested money.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.