[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto and the elephant in the room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1474023275873.jpg (3KB, 125x107px) Image search: [Google]
1474023275873.jpg
3KB, 125x107px
As someone who has kept an eye on crypto since 2009 I have never really seen any attempt to address the realities of it and how it cannot translate to standard markets and practices.

By it's very nature it has set out to obfuscate itself and facilitate nefarious practices from gambling to the drug trade pretty much exclusively.

It seeks to hide money from governments, undermine long standing institutions, and treat all who approach it as potential "bag holders". One could argue that the alt currencies are just part of the larger ponzi scheme that is bitcoin.

No work is done, no value is created, no physical asset exist.

Security is never certain and often compromised. The idea of encryption and hiding things from governments is laughable at best as the means and methods for defeating them are most certainly in the hands of the powers that be.

Most of all the pure toxicity of the community and the discourse that occurs on any of the exchanges along with the belief that they are immune from an eventual crackdown on their practices.

Where you see opportunity and legitimacy every normie I have had personal discourse with and attempted to explain it to see's rooms full of criminals conspiring to do harm.

How do you address these things and move on.
>>
The prospect of adoption is paradoxical. The constantly fluctuation due to speculation drives away large scale adoption by regular businesses, but it is the prospect of broad adoption that drives those very bubbles. It's going to be a long while before the market stabilizes, the time occupied by scandals, heists, and boom and bust.
>>
>reasonable questions
>discourse

I like this thread, but it'll fall on deaf ears.

inb4 the mongoloids
>fuk u butthurd nocoinar!!!!!!!!!tothemoon!!!!!!!!!!
>ROO THERE IS LITARALLY NO POSSIBILITY OF ME NOT BUYING . A LAMBO WITH THE 6.4 ETHER I BOUGHT FROM STEALING MY PARENTS CHANGE JAR
>>
Anonymity is a red herring - The ETF applications are attempts at BTC legitimacy.

A global decentralised digital currency is logical in today's world

Globalisation is being pushed by all mainstream goverments and businesses. BTC and other digital currencies are the logical conclusion for a unified global currency.
>>
>>1876130

So far my personal favorite is bringing capital gains into the conversation and the inevitable "I left humanity and fiat behind so I owe nobody nothin'"
>>
>>1876151

I hear you, I think that a global currency is coming. However I don't believe it will be an instrument built by the crypto community.

I like to look at what has been happening as a petri-dish where governments are keeping close watch with the intent of launching a controlled and governed interpretation of digital commerce.

I do not see them giving up so much power to independent and questionable entities.
>>
File: league of legends toxic.png (56KB, 783x474px) Image search: [Google]
league of legends toxic.png
56KB, 783x474px
>>1876112

>Most of all the pure toxicity of the community
>every normie I have had personal discourse with

you are a fucking normie, get out.
>>
>>1876175

The fuck? I remember early LoL and it was fucking toxic. There was nothing worse than a shitty team of mad people who couldn't fucking play together because they were too busy either raging or trolling.
>>
File: 1474815108449.gif (2MB, 416x330px) Image search: [Google]
1474815108449.gif
2MB, 416x330px
>>1876175

t.triggered bag holder
>>
>>1876184
no idea what lol is but trolling people online is funny and the passtime of intellectuals.
>>
File: EnterpriseEthereumAlliance.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EnterpriseEthereumAlliance.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
>>1876112
Andreas is behind Ethereum too so it's unlikely it's meant to be used for centralization by these pictured companies and banks that simply wish to implement it within their own businesses cuz they'll save billions in transaction costs alone.
>>
nice thread nocoiners. but you can't stop ethereum from constantly going up in value.

my portfolio increased by over $4800 dollars over the weekend. that's cold hard cash which says you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>1876213

I can understand the ETH approach and im far from cheer leading for it as i'm not a holder but I see that as the future at least.

If crypto want's to be utilized it will have to come under regulation and ditch the black market aspects.
>>
>>1876224

The only reason ETH is doing that is because the market is totally unregulated and is at the mercy of pump/dump practices that would put people in jail on the stock market.

I like ETH for the sake that it's going to be part of forcing regulation on crypto and annihilating most of it.
>>
>>1876224
>$4800 dollars
Neat

STEEM or ZEC?
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (44KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
44KB, 650x650px
>>1876112
There's a place in the world for the currently existing cryptocurrency forms but as you said it certainly isn't in the mainstream. There are attempts such as Ethereum and Waves to break into wider markets and be a legitimate economic cornerstone, but what's more likely to happen is that goverments will simply copy any successful crypto practices rather than the cryptocurrency itself. Blockchain technology in and of itself is quite innovative and useful regardless of whether or not it's tied to a currency. That said, the cryptocurrencies that are not trying to become a part of a larger institution do not NEED to become a part of a larger institution. Indeed they must resist such a merger as it would invalidate their actual use in illicit markets. Their value comes from the demand for a proper medium of exhange on black, grey, and red markets so they have nothing to gain from trying to seek legitimacy. As for your comment about the government's ability to get around encryption measures; governments are not magic. They may find a vulnerability in the software but that same vulnerability can be patched. That dance continues on for time immemorial. And finally the main thing that you seem to be missing about the crypto phenomenon is that regardless of whether or not the rise in asset prices is a bubble, there is real potential for profit to those prudent enough to get in and out without letting their greed get the better of them, and if for nothing else is valuable to thr individual for that alone. Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme simply because it doesn't follow the model and definition of a ponzi scheme. It may be some other type of scheme but ponzi it is not. In short there are many blind fools chasing after the spectre of greed but that doesn't invalidate the value of their chosen pursuit. It's just as foolish to write off the worth of a pursuit due to its popularity as it is to find value only in the popularity.
>>
I'm planning to do an agent based modeling project to prove that these currencies will tend to zero. There are no monetary tools to adjust for inflation or deflation. There is extreme speculative demand that leads to hoarding. Infinite printing. No way these stabilize to a reasonable price.

Also, the cell towers in my area are banned for cp. I fucking hate people.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.