[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is advertising evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is advertising evil?
>>
No.
>>
>>1875970

Pre-Bernays, no; Marketing was informative: It let you know about the product, the value, the price.

Post-Bernays, yes; Marketing is about making you feel certain feelings and associate those feelings with products. It is nothing but pure manipulation and does not respect the consumer.
>>
>>1875970
Marketing is neither good nor evil. It's a tool.

Just like guns you can use marketing to do both good and evil.
>>
File: Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>1876002
how do you use guns for "good"? Killing criminals?
>>
>>1876115
Yes
>>
I've actually put quite a lot of thought about this, especially regarding the supposed "benefits" of it, and basically, this >>1875995

Advertising as in autistically listing the quality of your item on your own market stand, no, it's absolutely fine. Using advanced psyops to force the market to act illogically and buy your inefficient item (as can be observed with the gaming industry specifically), yes, it's fucking evil and needs to be banned in an organized society. If you think about it you'll realize that the benefits of it, i.e the supposed increase in consumerism, actually don't exist at all. People will spend their money regardless if there's a psyops advertising campaign or not, the advertising will just make their decisions illogical (and with them, make the market inefficient)

Mandatory watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s
>>
>>1876132
This

Advertising only creates market distortions
>>
>>1876115
Killing the enemies of Islam until they convert or pay the jizya
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.