[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most /biz/ specialty/career in medicine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1489526756910.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489526756910.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
What is the most /biz/ specialty/career in medicine?
>>
>>1874629
anything surgical will pay really well, doesn't matter if you fuck up a little.
>>
>>1874629
NSG if you want to be rich af.
Ophtho/Derm if you want good money and also free time.

But to be honest, the most /biz/ specialty is dropping out of med school and make money in another, less stressful way.

We will never be rich. At most we will have a good lifestyle.
>>
>>1874651
>pay really well

Yes, but what's the point if you have to work 60+ hours a week your entire life?
>>
>>1874629
>most /biz/ specialty/career in medicine

Urologist
>>
>>1874651
Yeah, it'll pay years down the line when you finish your training and claw past everyone else to get the rare consultant positions that open up once someone dies or retires.

I'm a surgical resident, get paid ~$35/h, paid for 10 hours work a day (0700-1700) but in reality have been working 0630 until 2000-2200 every day these past few weeks. I basically live at work, and am inches from punching the next nurse that points out "oh, you're still here!" before throwing another job my way at 10pm
>>
Also anaesthetist would have to be the most /biz/ specialty. Get yourself working in a plastics theatre, wait for the next big flap/reconstruction to come through and boom, 6-8 of time to trade stocks on your iPad.
>>
>>1874686
Operating dicks every single day.
No, thanks.

>>1874692
This. Going into medicine (only) for the money is stupid af.
We have to work so much before we get some decent money that it's not worth it
(if you just want money).

>>1874696
The idea of trading stocks during some easy surgery is pretty intelligent...
Too bad they will be replaced by ignorant CRNAs.
>>
>>1874686

Why does urology pay well?
>>
>>1874927
You're laying all kinds of pipe
>>
>>1874927
"pay well"
Not more than other nicer specialities (ENT, Plastics, Ophto etc.)
>>
Orderly
X-ray ultrasound technician
Mental health worker

Nurses make 110-150 a year in Bayern are
And 26,000 ponds a year in uk
>>
>>1874927
Fuck yes, but you will be shoving your finger up asses 2-4 times per hour
>>
>>1875353
>>1875358
>t. ignorant german cuck
The things you have listed are not medicine specialities. They are second tier wagecuck jobs.
>>
For /biz/ purposes? The ones that don't stress you out by being hyper critical and having patients' immediate survival rest in your hands while still letting you make bank in all of the ways that medical doctors typically make bank. If we're making list:

>Plastic surgeon of any sort
>Anesthesiologist
>Dentist
>Optician
>Pharmacist
>Dermatologist

There are probably more that I'm not thinking of.
>>
>>1875509
Dentist, Optician and Pharmacist are not medical specialities. They are secont tier wagecuck jobs.

Platic surgery (there is only one sort) is /biz/,
Anaesthesia not so much,
Derma is also /biz/.
>>
>>1874692
>>1874696

What traits would you say make a good surgeon? Stable hands and eye-hand coordination?

>>1874652
I hear those are really competitive to get into, although I'm a pretty competitive person too.
>>
>>1875589
Youre fucking nuts. Pharmacist is comfy as fuck, and once you own your own pharmacy you're rolling in dough. Optician is great cause you dont work with actually ill people who spread their shit to you. Dentist is the hardest of the three, requires good spacial kills and manual dexterity, pays so so unless you own the practice and are gud.
>>
>>1875774
>What traits would you say make a good surgeon? Stable hands and eye-hand coordination?

Those help. Also throw in a good knowledge base and healthy dose of masochism.

Most of the skills needed for surgery can be learned/trained, really.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.