[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is twitter worth 11 billion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0914.png (440KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.png
440KB, 2001x1125px
Isnt it basically a messaging service that could be knocked of by a few nerds in their garage? What gives?
>>
It has a massive log of metadata worth troves if exploited with modern tools correctly, a large backend of servers and technical assets, a widely recognized brand, and a large userbase.

Do you intuitively see the value or does someone have to simplify it?
>>
>>1865276
>Guys I made a search engine in VB.net. Took me like 20 minutes. How the fuck is google worth 80 bagillion?:
the thread.
>>
>>1865296
And yet it's still a garbage company.
How'd that happen?
>>
>>1865361
Google is worth it. Twitter is the whore at googles valedictorian party
>>
>>1865276
at least they have Trump. whereas Snapchat is worth 23.82B with no real plan of making money. ever.
>>
>>1865276
all explained here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDp7SXhqC5g&t=142s
>>
>>1865910
>Dorsia

;-)
>>
>>1865374

Because the troves of valuable and exploitable metadata are locked behind two primary components:

1. A gap in the existence and use of analytical tools applied to the metadata through the back end.
2. A knot of corporate ineptitude in management.

A buyout allows a reshuffling of the board, which would lead to a reshuffling of management, allowing the second hurdle to be surmounted. The yield of the first hurdle is a matter of speculation: whether you think the data is worth ~1 billion annually in yields, less than that, or more than that. So the price of the company is going to drift up and down until somebody buys in at a price that fits their speculative scheme. Meanwhile current shareholders will keep that management knot tight in order to obscure the company's true value vis a vis opaque management practices.
>>
>>1865932
;-)
Dorsia. How impressive.
How on Earth did you get a reservation THERE?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.