[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I GOT WORMS...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 57945132.jpg (24KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
57945132.jpg
24KB, 189x267px
Going into the worm business?

Have a large pond at work. Clearest and cleanest water in the county. Sadly it has to be pumped out about 1 time every 2 years. I'm assuming nobody cares wtf i do with it since it's just water for stupid fucking cows. With landowner permission I have considered making a small bait pond.

In my studies of raising worms I have learned a lot. Rather than buy food for these fish i will raise worms. I can maintain them at work most always so my time is not wasted here.

Watching "Dirty Jobs" i see an episode on meal worms. Seems pretty easy.

Then i started to think. Startup cost is near nothing. I have access to large oil tanks for scrap metal price at like $50 per ton. I have a way to haul and clean and weigh them.

I can sell the worm (casings) or shit and dirt rather for good money to several nearby cities and florals.
>>
File: 1.jpg (59KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
59KB, 852x480px
Im confident that i can build a sorting system to separate the worms from dirt.

With the cut in half tanks i can raise several different kinds of worms.

If the budget allows and i find a way to effectively ship them i can set up some insulated shop buildings and plumb directly into a natural gas well for heat and power.

Aside from the obvious logistics of shipping worms does it seem like a smart move?

I was a truck driver in a former life and if need be i can take off and rent a truck and deliver my fucking self.

They require pretty much no maintenance short of throwing food on them and separating.

After climate controlled building and customer base is established i would trust a manager to run it and continue on to my next venture.

Any problems with this?

Have 3 old refrigerators and good weather comming up. Going to give it a go reguardless.
>>
>>1862240
If this is not bait, first go to bait/pet shops, talk with local fisherman and do research on prices of worms in your area.
Only then you will have an idea of how good/profitable could your business be.
Also, start small, if I'm not mistaken, in dirty jobs the guys had lots of plastic trays for the worms, maybe start with 2-3 species and learn how much food/cleanup/loss costs will be, so you can organize your expenses.
Also look for reptile farms, aviaries, whatever else could be your target market and check their current supplier prices.

Not a bad idea, maybe a bit labor intensive but if you are in or near places with fishing culture, you may get some good cash.
Good luck anon, keep us updated.
>>
File: 20170315_154311.png (174KB, 1080x1020px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_154311.png
174KB, 1080x1020px
Also plan on taking advantage of any grants i can get or free publicity.

Scientists have proven that u can feed these faggots Styrofoam.

Not only that, but it gets rid of ine of the worst non-biodegradable substances on earth while simultaneously feeding my worms and riding the recycling meme to the fucking moon.

There is potential here.

Pic related
>>
>>1862286

Not b8. Have considered this if nothing but for the fact i can toss a throwing net and vatch all the flathead bait we need.

Well, there is a small ass bait shop in someones garage in town. I will likely supply her free one day in the spirit of cooporation. Also a friend's mom and no matter wtf happens here she wont ever be rich. Thete is some fishing here but not much market for bait fish or worms as everyone has a perch pond a stone's throw away. I'm near a lot of good fishing though and wouldn't mind a few day trip checking out shops and prices.

I think i could easily cut the throats of online competitors as wheat bran for example for the mealworms can be had by the ton.

Not sute if people would give a fuck if i tried to go the organically raised and fed meme since most fisherman arent vegan. Having some sort of a niche or specialty would be a big positive but i dont have any ideas.

As far as the labor goes i may do some small yeild experimentation in my climate controlled building. By the time i cam scale it up to be any real challenge i will find a way to use the machinery at work.

Have a good relationship with my employer and the landowner so i essentially can do wtf ever i want when im not busy at work. In fact i will go ahead and get some supplies and order some worms. Tonight. Will report back if anyone gives a fuck. You seem to be curious as am I, so i guess we can travel this road together anon.
>>
Go for it Wormbro. I'm monitoring this thread.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170316-045630.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170316-045630.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1862390
Likely gonna take it to /diy. Probably leaving this fucking board forever. Samefagging fucking shitcouners are so irritating.

Also hit a small snag already. Wheat bran is recommended for the bedding but having hell finding an online dealer. Its like $2 a pound or $37 for a 50# bag and free shipping was mentioned nowhere.

Betting money that the local feed lot has wheat bran and will sell it in bags or by the ton. There is a lot of wheat here and I will find it and then buy worms. Rainbowmeelworms dotcom was recommended as a start. They have 250 for under $4. I've been researching hormone that commercial breeders use to keep them in their larval stage longer and make them unnaturally large.

Cant do much else besides buy tubs and call around in a few hours. Will at leaat be back to post diy link if nothing else tho.

Tubs were $10 and i should be able ro hide them in my filing cabinet at work. Nobody really cares im sure but i dont want every person who walks in there to have to hear about my worm farm...
>>
>>1864246
Took it to /diy because i'm leaving this useless shitcoin scam board.

>>1145611
>>
>>1864941
>>>/diy/1145611
>>
>>1862229
Amazing bro, not even memeing. Threads like those are why I keep coming to this nigerian rc plane enthusiast forum. I wouldn't be surprised if you made better income than those shitcoiners. Best of luck anon!
>>
wormcoin when?
>>
>>1865002
LOL
>>
File: Screenshot_20170316-095255.png (244KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170316-095255.png
244KB, 1080x1920px
>>1864991
Thanks bud.

Went the cheap route. I can learn as much with 250 worms as i can with fucking 8 trillion
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.