[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eToro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: bull.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
Is it a scam? If not, why aren't you putting all your savings on it (granted you're not in the US)?

>Browse through hundreds of trader profiles
>Follow the best traders actions automatically (i.e. copy their portfolios)
>???
>Profit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec4qr7CLl8I
>>
>>1858865
Bump for interest
>>
>>1858865
I've wondered this as well. Never bothered because it looks too good to be true

I heard that the so-called best traders never close out their losing positions, so it looks like they're profitable - but there'd be an easy way to filter for this

I really don't know

It must be a scam, but it's a good idea nonetheless
>>
>>1858891
Also feel like this.. To good to be true, guess only way to find out is to just say fuck it and throw some money at it
>>
>>1858865
You basically described a momentum strategy. It's a risk factor and I know it technically works for funds. However, don't neglect transaction costs and understand that you do heavily invest in one kind of risk
>>
>>1858865

I've tried, the biggest problem is the execution of trades. It literally can take several minutes for the copy trade to catch up and that's a world of difference in terms of time.
>>
File: etoro withdrawal.png (126KB, 1176x499px) Image search: [Google]
etoro withdrawal.png
126KB, 1176x499px
>>1858935
https://www.etoro.com/en/customer-service/fees/
They aren't too bad are they?

Same for withdrawal fees, pic related.

>>1858939
You can see your return in real time. Do they correspond to the return of the trader you're copying? If yes then no problem?
Can you say more about your experience with the platform?
>>
>>1858939
At most that only rules out copying day traders

Someone could just copy Buffett's long term strategy no problem (if he used the site)
>>
>>1859175
>Someone could just copy Buffett's long term strategy no problem
You can actuallydo that: https://www.etoro.com/funds/warrenbuffet-cf/stats

You guys haven't convinced me not to throw all my money at this website tbqh
>>
>>1858969
>Same for withdrawal fees, pic related.

If you just withdraw $500.01 it's quite a lot, 5%. I'm not going through all the fees just to make the problem clear:

Let's say you have a return of 8% in your "virtual" account. If you have to pay 3%p for withdrawal fees and 4%p for trading fees, you would be better off with an savings account

>>1860287
>You can actuallydo that: https://www.etoro.com/funds/warrenbuffet-cf/stats

Does it replicate his whole strategy including leverage or just the stock transactions?
>>
>>1858865
>traders want to be on top
>take huge risks to make massive gains
>eventually probability catches up and their followers lose everything
>>
>>1861136
>Let's say you have a return of 8% in your "virtual" account
You can get much better returns if you choose the good portfolios, some go up to 40%

>Does it replicate his whole strategy including leverage or just the stock transactions?
I don't know, I think this one is just a meme to get people interested

>>1861146
You can see the return each trader make, as well as an evaluation of the risks they take. Build a clever portfolio and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 146436243.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
146436243.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>1860287
>4% gains over 3 years

Why do people think this guy is some kind of market genius, again?
>>
File: berkshire vs factors.png (51KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
berkshire vs factors.png
51KB, 829x589px
>>1861874
>if you choose the good portfolios, some go up to 40%

Yeah but past returns != future returns. That's why I mentioned the momentum factor earlier.

>>1861874
>I don't know, I think this one is just a meme to get people interested

Yep, looks like it. Just checked Berkshire had a return of approx. 40% in the same time interval. What's quite interesting >>1861946 is that Berkshire could have done better if it understood the risk better
>>
I tried it and the copying didn't really work or was faulty.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.