[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETH/BTC Mining Advice for dummies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Heard about ETH about a week ago. told my friend who has a nice computer that he might want to look into ETH mining. im wondering if any miningfags want to take a look at what we got and give us some friendly advice to some newfags. here are his computer specs (not sure exactly what you need so heres everything we think is related:

evga z97 classified
Nvidia titan x in sli
Intel i7 4790k
(memory) 32gb DDR3 - 2400
ethernet connection speed: 1000mbps
MTU: 1500bytes

posting more info about memory and processors below

thanks in advance if anyone responds, wish i could reach through the computer and give you a white knuckle gibber but technology isnt there yet :(
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (132KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
132KB, 576x1024px
Op here
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (209KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
209KB, 1024x802px
>>1856498
>>
Bruh miners dont use run of the mill computers. You want to truly maximize mining you need an ASIC computer and most of which are made by manufacturers for manufacturers to mine themselves. I've thought about it but it just wont work with regular made pcs. If you can get your hands on an ASIC computer that has enough power to really get there. Id like to invest.
>>
>>1856506
Also forgot to add link to something that might be useful.
https://www.bitcoinmining.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/
>>
>>1856489
you can mine zcash with those titans.
>>
>>1856506
Bruh ur retarded or something? Ofcourse he can do a profitable mine on that machine even though there is pc that cost less who would do it faster.
>>
>>1857071
so what is the best ASIC out there for around $500? or maybe more not sure what were going to do yet
>>
>>1857474
https://99bitcoins.com/guide-ethereum-mining-how-to-mine-ethereum/
>>
>>1857474
Sell the two titans and buy as many rx 480's as you can. Sell one titan at a time if you need to, as you'll get more hashes with two 480's than you will with two titans. Understand, this is for mining and not gaming, so amd has the advantage. You will want to get a 1300 watt power supply as well. Also, if you're going to mine ethereum you'll need geth, mist wallet, and an ethereum miner. Get the latest build of geth even if it's "unstable", otherwise you wont be able to sync the block chain. Cryptocompare has a good good guide, except they don't tell you how to set up batch files to automate a lot of the process. Google it.
>>
>>1856506
>>1857522
This is the most retarded shit I've ever heard of

>spend money on shit pc so I can earn .02cents/hour

get a fucking job you faggots
>>
File: 1489255848742-biz.jpg (3MB, 5616x3574px) Image search: [Google]
1489255848742-biz.jpg
3MB, 5616x3574px
>>1857529
Cost of electricity is x. Profit from selling coins is y. If y - x is >0, there's no reason not to do it. If you have a pc that's sitting around and not making money then you're wasting time already. Get smart.
>>
>>1857538
>there's no reason not to do it.

Except for the fact that you could make more money doing just about anything else...

also, you're not just recouping the cost of electricity, you have to account for the amount spent on your mining rig. At that rate, it could be years before you even break even... if this dumb shit is even still around years from now...
>>
>>1857543
Making a rig from scratch takes literally a day. After it's set up it's essentially completely automated. You can sleep, work, watch tv, etc while the miner is going. Depending on the coin you mine, the 20 coins you mined last year might make a 2000% increase over what your initial,already positive, profit was. Taking into account the increasing market caps of BTC and other alt coins, it'd be foolish to not get in on the ground floor of these coins while they are still easy to mine.
tl;dr don't comment on what you don't understand.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.