[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for you guys. Should I leave my 55k a year job to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Question for you guys.

Should I leave my 55k a year job to go to college next spring?

I'm 20 and sitting on a full ride however I don't want to fuck up my career since I've already got a good start
>>
55k is great for your age, depending on where you live. Don't go to college now. It's not worth it. I would kill to be in your position

.t unemployed
>>
What do you do?
>>
>>1856349
I'm a network administrator over a large military base.
>>
>>1856357
is there room for income growth in your position?
if you know there's a cap, save up and go to school when you hit that wall
>>
>>1856359
Cap is 75k without a degree.

I have a full ride for the next 4 years due to being in the National Guard so I'm.really tempted to take it.
>>
File: adaw.jpg (6KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
adaw.jpg
6KB, 282x282px
>>1856359

Any job openings?
>>
>>1856339
55k is not spectacular and given that you got it once you can get it again (and more). If you have a full ride you should do it and try to swing part time with pervious employer if you have the constitution.
>>
>>1856363
Well I'd say it still depends on the major you want but it sounds like your resume is pretty good already so I don't think going to school on that dank GI money is going to fuck anything up for you.
>>
>>1856339
Adults work full time AND go to school
>>
>>1856381
garbage idea
>taking over 14 credit hours a semester
>taking over 4 years to complete undergrad
>not spending your free time binging netflix and totinos party pizzas
A SHAGGY DAGGY DOO
>>
>>1856339

Noooooooo.

College is such a fucking joke.

There are so many lucrative opportunites now that are not college degree based.

Plus shit is saturated as fuck for degrees now.

I made $850 today in my small business. It's a trade. No college degree required.
>>
Why not just go to college part time (as in weekend classes or similar)
>>
>>1856339
Does that full ride include living expenses? Is the 75k salary cap for that particular employer or across the board? Meaning can you jump ship for a better gig eventually?

I would also put some weight on getting to enjoy college life, meet some friends and potentially get laid a few times
>>
>>1857273
>Is the 75k salary cap for that particular employer or across the board?
not him but across the board.

in US gov work you're not going to break $75k without a BS in most cases.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.