[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spotify IPO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Spotify-IPO-.jpg (132KB, 1000x686px) Image search: [Google]
Spotify-IPO-.jpg
132KB, 1000x686px
>spotify want to delay IPO to 2018 to consolidate their position a bit more
>smart idea in theory, in practice would totally fuck them
>turns out they raised 1bn in convertible debt from various funds with absolutely satanic terms
>if the IPO later than March 2018 they'll be essentially be giving away nearly half a billion dollars of their value

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/if-spotify-delays-its-ipo-into-2018-it-faces-some-serious-financial-pain/

https://techcrunch.com/2016/03/29/stream-with-the-devil/

Shit is going to be Snap 2.0. Also conclusively proves to me that the you need to be on the side of the table PROVIDING the money, not receiving it, which is counterintuitive.

So the question is, are we buying this at IPO price and then dumping when it peaks, or are we going to short it?

Any thoughts, /biz/raelis?

Also, a moment of silence for Spotify, who have basically sold their soul to the devil to beat Apple. Godspeed m8s
>>
File: IMG_7159.jpg (82KB, 675x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7159.jpg
82KB, 675x761px
I can see spotify drawing in revenue, unlike snap. Depending on price, I'd buy in.
>>
>>1856181
b-bu-but...I love spotify <3
>>
>>1856223
Yeah it's definitely more revenue-orientated than Snap, but they're still not profitable unfortunately:

uk businessinsider com / r-exclusive-europes-biggest-tech-hope-spotify-starts-talking-about-profit-2016-12

I can't get a read on their user growth though, opinions are either
>Their user growth is slowing, sky is about to fall in
or
>Loads and loads of users this year, everything's going great

My personal guess is that as it's something that fucking everyone uses by now (like snapchat), they don't actually have that much more room for expansion.

Without more users (they only have 50m out of 7bn, to be fair) their options for growth are
>more services
>raise prices

Not quite as attractive in that sense, but still a lot of wiggle room for growth
>>
File: IMG_7056.gif (2MB, 392x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7056.gif
2MB, 392x260px
>>1856241
The thing is though, their main business model is as a paid service, unlike snap. I subscribe to their premium service, and I forget all the perks that come with it, but it's worth it to upgrade.

Also, I opened Tinder for the first time in a while and it seems they've partnered up. I'm not sure when that happened, it may be old news, but I believe that's a smart move. With the amount of people on Tinder nowadays, that's gotta be huge exposure to new potential customers.

If they can keep advertising/expanding like that then I think they have huge potential.
>>
Did any of you get in on snap..???
I couldnt
>>
>>1856317
Thought it was overvalued to fuck so stayed clear of it

Would have been good for a pump and dump though. Gotta feel for the normies that the marketing people tricked into buying it as a long term investment.

As our boi Benjamin Graham says, just because something has the potential for growth doesn't mean it's going to be profitable
>>
They could also increase ads for the free version. Would force people to go with the payed option.
>>
>>1856354
Would also drive people to competitors

I'd be interested to see what % of people who use Spotify don't pay for it, actually. I don't think I know anyone doing that
>>
>>1856223
I literally do not see how making people pay to stream music would be profitable. You need all the artists, popular and underground to atract people so you have to pay obscene royalties and fees to recording companies and artists while still trying to keep the sub price low enough for the consumer to keep renewing.

Am i missing something? Is this business model sustainable?
>>
>>1856181
I'll buy it if it's below $10
>>
>>1857037

You don't need ALL the artists, just as Netflix doesn't need all the movies.

You just need to create enough convenience and loyalty so the users are willing to stay even if you don't have some artists they want.

Exclusive content can also become a big differentiator, that way you don't depend on keeping all the labels happy but no one has figured that out for music yet. Live sessions don't seem to have enough pull.
>>
>>1856181
how much is spotify ISO worth?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.