[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: pepe handshake.jpg (45KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
pepe handshake.jpg
45KB, 465x576px
Is it better to major in finance, econ, or accounting?
Or major in one and minor in one?
Maybe marketing?
Also what is the best degree to go into sales with?
I don't go to an Ivy and don't come from old money, so business admin is pretty much out of the question.
>>
Also what gives me the best opportunity for career advancement/promotions?
>>
I also have that question which major will I'd the best so I know how to invest and not be a wage slave
>>
>>1856061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYot1IsqCM
>>
>>1856061
If you want to go into B2B sales marketing + minor in industry of choice (engineering, IT, etc) can be very profitable. Don't forget getting enough job experience - besides that you can make a shit ton of money.
>>
>>1856061
Micro
Or
Macro
What
Program
>>
>>1856099
Haven't watched the video but does it apply to eurofags ?
>>
>>1856099
Due to scholarships + my parents helping me out I basically get to go for free, so what would be my best option with the information stated above?
>>
>finishing BSc in physics in a year and a half
>strongly considering MSc in applied mathematics with focus on statistics (due to course overlap I'll get the full 5 year masters in just 3 years)
>might do a PhD in statistics or mathematical finance after that

thoughts?
>>
>>1856145
According to the video, STEM, medicine or law
>>
Don't take an Accounting major unless you want to be a boring faggot for the rest of your life
>>
>>1856061
Top school = Finance, Economics is only offered for some

Non-top school but still top 20/30 = Finance/Accounting double major

Anything less = transfer or an hero
>>
>>1856061

What >>1856198 said, except for the economics, you'd be better off with a finance degree from a top school.
>>
>>1856192
CPA here, this is wrong. Replace boring with rich and you're sort of on the right track. As for faggot, eh, money buys a lot of things, including love.
>>
>>1856385
Seems like accountants worse hours than engineers for less pay on average. Am I wrong?
>>
>>1856430
Very
>>
>>1856588
Please elaborate on how I am wrong, I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of majoring of accounting but engineering seemed more interesting and higher paying.
>>
>>1856588
Accounting only pays if you get partnered
>>
>>1856061
depends, what can you get a higher gpa with?

economics is much more conceptual than accounting imo, people who switch majors don't under stand both use formulas.
>>
>>1856650
I'm in EE right now and am switching because my GPA is shit. I'm taking an econ course right now and it's by far my easiest class, but is econ alone a good major? What's a good minor to complement it?
Non-GPA-wise, what's the best major out of accounting, finance, marketing and econ?
>>
who else /normie/ and go for environmental science / geology? work 5-10 years as consultant or field scientist, gain double exp, then get cushy govt regulator job.

no pajeet or pedro has ever stolen a field scientist job.
>>
>>1856734
The #1 degree people look for is accounting. #2 is finance, #3 is marketing (the top 5 or so shuffle around, but this is where the most quantity of jobs are, yes engineers get paid more, but that shit is hard).

>Do accounting if you want to be a CPA and start your career at a big 4 firm in core assurance. Also, if you really like it

> Do finance otherwise

> Economics might be good if you are going to go straight through to your MBA and you like it more.

If you want to be really well-rounded, Major in finance, minor in economics, but take a full year of intermediate accounting. This would probably get you into whatever it was you wanted to do.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.