[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at managing money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: merchant1.png (342KB, 499x583px) Image search: [Google]
merchant1.png
342KB, 499x583px
I don't have any problem with paying my bills, but whenever I have any extra I start recklessly spending on beer, fast food, and other unnecessary shit. I cant see myself ever being able to actually save, no matter how much money I make. I dont think I would ever be able to run a business either. Honestly my life was more stable when I was on NEETbux, it was just enough money to cover my bills and no more, which is as much money as I am comfortable handling. Any more and I turn into an out-of-control drunk.
>>
Automatic transfers to a separate account. Before long you won't even know you're saving money.
>>
>>1855339
I had a problem with this too, I used the Qapital app. And it worked for me.
>>
>>1855339
As memetastic as it is, Dave Ramsey's program is good for beginners.
>>
1) Put away the extra and do not touch (watch them grow)
2) Log your expenses and you'll learn to control them (watch them sink/be constant)
>>
>>1855339
Me too op...

Just gotta find self control and auto deposit and have no idea whst money you have in the bank.

Get ideas for investments and check to see if u can fund it. If not fuckoff and go do something else.

I started playing video games again and wuit drinking. It wasnt easy but i did it.

Not time ti get rich.
>>
>>1855500
Holy cucking fuck do NOT follow that retard.

Id die broke and poor without my credit cards...
>>
>>1855339

Learn self control op. It will bleed your account. You could be small trading and making gains or just sitting on stuff. Fortune is useless without health to enjoy it btw
>>
>>1855339
It's tough. The allure of buying random junk or going out to eat is always there. All methods of 'pretending' you don't have the money are destined to fail unless it's somewhere like a 401k where you literally cannot pull it out.

Keeping track of your patterns with an app like mint helps. Stopping drinking helps. Setting a goal of some sort helps, so that when you have an urge to spend it's not just "do I spend vs do I let it sit in my account" it becomes "do I spend vs do I get closer to my goal"
>>
File: 1461100733660.png (194KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461100733660.png
194KB, 600x450px
>>1855339
Veteran out of control drunk here. Just try to buy metals and lock them away I guess. But after you stick to your guns and get comfortable living minimally it feels pretty good. I miss that feeling. I miss the feel of good money coming in and have a good horde to fall back on. But now I am in the red with several banks and have judgements against me. All the wile struggling with not drinking every day as I have for years.

Try to find a cheap and profit-possible hobby.
>>
>>1855749
I did say "beginner" you stupid fuck. You have to learn the basics somewhere.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.