[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting New Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hi /biz/, I started a new job about 7 weeks ago, and beginning Wednesday I'm out for a vacation that was pre-planned, and approved for me to take (without counting against my vacation time).

But these past seven weeks have made it readily apparent that this job isn't for me. They kinda lied about what I'd be doing, but were desperate to bring me on board, so offered up things like this vacation, working from home... etc.

If I come back next Monday, after taking three paid days of leave, and put in my notice, are they entitled to ask me to forfeit/repay what I'd be making over those three days?

I'd quit beforehand but I don't want to give two days notice and leave them high and dry.
>>
>>1855195
Before you quit, did you talk with your manager about your problems?
>>
>>1855214

I've had some conversations about it, and they're kind of trying, but I don't think there's anything they can really do to fix it. The job I was given is not the job I expected, or how it was really laid out in the employment agreement.

But the tasks they need me to complete are not going away - they're going to try to train me better, but this isn't the direction I want my career to take.

(One of the specific problems here is that I've been asked to take on literal cold-calling of media partners. I just came from a Fortune 500 company. I'm not going to cold-call at this point in my career. I also didn't know they were firing the entire team and shrinking everything to four people.)
>>
The best is when you're in this situation and your boss quits. Some brown nosing Chad becomes your new boss. Discretely post resumes for 2 years and never get another offer. Get bad review by the Chad boss who you realized is younger than you. Pepeface.jpg everyday, long for the sweet release of death
>>
Check your contract, but it's unlikely.
Most agreements will just cover taking leave during your notice period.
>>
>>1855311

kek

>>1855195

what's your job mr. big shot
>>
>>1855348

I work in Digital Marketing for an affiliate agency focused primarily on large scale hotel chains. I just came from a really big hotel chain on their digital marketing team, and had worked with them for the past two years, so they liked me, and I liked them.

I was under the impression that I'd still be doing what I was in my last position, because it's what we mostly talked about in my "interview," (really they just kind of hired me after a quick chat) but now it's mainly affiliate stuff, which I don't know anything about, and don't particularly care to learn.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.