[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice from anyone who is web developer or programmer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Wix-Working-space_05.jpg (2MB, 3969x1795px) Image search: [Google]
Wix-Working-space_05.jpg
2MB, 3969x1795px
I need advice from anyone who is web developer or programmer.

I'm a NEET for couple years now. My brother just start up a company and he asks me to design a website for his company since I have so much free time doing nothing, and he would pay me of course. He told me about Wix and I try it out but the website I made look feel out of place. Any tips I can get to make the website looks professional level?
>>
Wix is shit, so is any other WYSIWYG
Go to http://boards.4chan.org/g/wdg and ask them
• best books to read on HTML/CSS/JS
• best CMS for [my needs]
• required coursework/video tutorials to binge

you're a NEET and on 4chan so chances are you'll enjoy sitting on your ass for hours on end. That's why learning webdev might save your life. Don't expect the journey to be easy though.
>>
>>1854759
also a web dev. just confirming, this guy is right.

Wix is shit.

Learn to actually code a website and you will be much better off.

It’s a huge time investment (took me about 3 years before I could make anything decent) but now I charge $10k-20k per website.

You have a good opportunity here though. The fastest way to learn (in my opinion) is to work on a real life project with a real life deadline.
>>
>>1854780
also if you like online courses/tutorials:
Treehouse is great for beginners.
CodeSchool is better for intermediate

After that you can take off the training wheels.
>>
>>1854759
>>1854780
>>1854784
Thanks. That's really helpful. If I learn these courses and tutorials, how long would it takes for me to speedrun to all or most of them. If I won't make it to the deadline my brother would have to hired a professional to make it.
>>
>>1854815
well, if there's a serious deadline and you have to absolutely get something done NOW, just use Wix or Macaw or whatever shit you can find, but let that be the last time you ever touch it.
Speedrunning through tutorials and expecting anything good to come out isn't a good idea.
>>
OP obviously doesn't have months to years to become a professional web developer. Get a domain, hostgator, and wordpress. Once you have something good and within deadline, do the above things and tinker with it to improve it.
>>
>>1854780

10-20K? What kind of sites do you tend to do? Also, what CMS do you use? I'm guessing WP?
>>
>>1854754

Hire a fucking Pajeet code monkey to write one for %5 of your gross are you a dummy dumb head or something?
>>
>Don't
>Fucking
>Use
>Wix
>You
>Gotdamn
>Pleb
>Google right now "GoDaddy $1 domain"
>Boom you just got the URL for a buck for a year
>While your there get basic wordpress hosting
>I literally know close to nothing about WebDev and can churn out a decent WordPress site, you can too, 95% of it is just picking out a good theme and customization
>Boom
>Buy some kneepads
>Suck a random dick in my name
>>
>>1856425

I'm looking for a pajeet. Got a good place? I'm thinking fiverr but everytime I contact one of them they say they're full.
>>
>>1854780

Not a webdev but I came here to post this.

You need formal training/classes to make a good website.

If you just try some guides online, that site is gonna look like shit.

it would be like me trying to build a house with no formal training. Building a house is not that complicated but you need to know a lot of shit.
>>
>>1856410
Any website that requires major custom Javascript work could cost that much easily.
>>
>>1854759
This dude knows whats up. Full stack JS dev here.
>>
>>1856459

Post on west coast Craigslist
>>
>>1856474
> full stack JS
You do realize that full stack means more than just JS. That refers to coding a backend as well
>>
>>1854754
Just do wordpress, its the easiest shit in the world, you just go into your hosting, set up wordpress through app installer cpanel, find a theme, then enter your graphics and info.

So easy to use and NO learning needed.
>>
>>1854780
>>1854784

Rails/WordPress dev here, this is the best advice. Also check out the Odin Project.
>>
>>1856589
>You do realize that full stack means more than just JS. That refers to coding a backend as well
You do realize Node JS exists
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.