[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 9 year gap in my CV. I have never worked a day in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: career_breaks.png (58KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
career_breaks.png
58KB, 600x300px
I have a 9 year gap in my CV. I have never worked a day in my life after graduation (nursing school).
Is there hope for people like me? How do I explain the gap? I can't tell them I've been having a case of the sadsies for 9 years. Especially not since it's in the medical field, where I'm supposed to be healthy.

How do I tackle this if they even invite me for an interview? I don't want to lie. What's a good way to phrase a response?
>>
>>1854323
Most companies dont take on graduates if they graduated over 2 years ago, let alone 9. If you had experience it might be ok, otherwise you're kinda fucked. Sorry brother
>>
You travaled for 9 years, who care
>>
You ran a business or businesses, or worked at a family business.
>>
"My parents needed my help around the house."
You're a nurse, so they'll fill in the blanks themselves.
>>
>>1854328

I only have 6 months of mandatory internship experience, which every nurse has to go through in our country. I have finished that months ago, so it's relatively fresh compared to my actual graduation.

>>1854331

I live in a 3rd world country where no one can afford to go on normal vacations yet alone travel for 9 years.

>>1854334

Telling them I helped my family out might be the only acceptable "lie".

Honestly, I considered telling them I had personal problems or maybe even that I was "depressed". But I realize that's pretty much the worst thing you can do. Right?
>>
>>1854368
"My so and so family member had alzheimers and i needed to be there for him"

might be acceptable, my grandmother had alzheimers for like 9 or 10 years and needed consistent care.
>>
Sick family member. No one would ever ask for documentation. And hell make up some bullshit about how you used your nursing skills.
>>
>>1854323
Just say you were exploring other options, pursuing other fields.
Or playing video games and smoking weed, I cant belive its such a big deal
>>
>>1854323
You should have thought about that before you took a 9 year vacation.

>but I was SAD!

That makes you a bad employee, anything you say would be lying. If you were hiring people, wouldn't YOU want to know that the person you are considering could suddenly slip into depression for 9 years?

If you want a job you are just going to have to lie, there is no way around it. Like anon said, say you were working with the family business/ selling on eBay shit like that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.