[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making and selling pomade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pomade.jpg (29KB, 439x411px) Image search: [Google]
pomade.jpg
29KB, 439x411px
In the last couple of years or so there's been a trend of barbershops appearing and more men taking an interest in grooming their hair/beard.

As a result of this, there's been an interest in buying/using pomade. Almost all of the pomade being sold in my country is imported from the US so there's an extra cost of importing and due to being produced in a more expensive country. I noticed there's noone making any pomade in my country and I thought of doing it myself and selling it for a fraction of the cost of the US imported varieties. It's quite an easy product to make, just need to find someone who can produce it and package it and I'll do the rest myself.

Is this an okay idea or is the fact that noone's jumped on the idea yet mean there's not really a market for it?
>>
I would hurry if I was you. Someone else is probably going to do the same because these types of hypes are easy to spot.
>>
Test the idea cheaply (landing page + some cpc traffic)
If it works, go for it
>>
You can make your own pomade. I don't know how crafty you are but its super simple.

Also pomade is pretty expensive (well most of them) and you could make a decent buck.
>>
>>1854134
What country are you in, Op?
>>
>>1854139

Thanks for the idea. Are there any other ways to get a good idea of the demand for the product? I was thinking of calling barbershops or contacting online stores selling the pomades and asking if they know enough.

Silly question but by asking around is it possible someone would steal my idea?
>>
>>1854647
Definitely good approaches. You can get typical order sizes and estimate the national market. Also you can get insight in which brand they prefer and why which helps you in your product development.

It's a possibility but even absolutely amazing ideas are basically never stolen because implementing those ideas is hard work. On the other hand, just because there's a competitor doesn't mean that you can't succeed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.