[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in the deep south of the US of A. It sucks here and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1390353582666.jpg (199KB, 1024x682px)
1390353582666.jpg
199KB, 1024x682px
I live in the deep south of the US of A. It sucks here and I would like to make it a little better. Since there is nothing to do around here, people like to drink. I was thinking of starting a bar-arcade. I'm in IT and have been a contractor my whole life, so I understand business at it's base.

How much investment capital would I need to start an arcade bar? I doubt I would have any issue getting people to show up, I'm more concerned with how much of a loan it would take to : get liquor license, buy arcade machines, get a building, buy all the alcohol, and hire employees. Anyone have any idea? I was thinking It would probably take 450k.
>>
>>1851098
That sounds like too much. You only have to lease those things not buy. You do have to buy the liquor. You can temp or 1099 some of the employees until you start getting ROI. You should check out the lease rates in your area. You may have to make some leasehold improvements though.
>>
>>1851098
How is a bar going to make things better? Sounds like a decent idea to make money but come on.
>>
>>1851131
Entertainment. There literally is none. So an arcade bar would do well in my area. Bonus points if I can host card tournaments and things like that in my building for the MTG crowd.
>>
>>1851112
Don't forget buying the arcade machines.
>>
>>1851098
>I doubt I would have any issue getting people to show up

and that is why you will fail
>>
>>1851219
This. It's not field of dreams.
>>
>>1851098
pic makes my balls ache
>>
>>1851239
i would have let go if that faggot smirked like that to me
>>
>>1851219
Why? Am I supposed to sit here and consider making career decisions I doubt would be popular? I would be the only arcade bar for a two hour drive.

If you build it they will come.
>>
>>1851175
Arcade bars are meme.
>b-but there is arcade bar in Mr. Robot!

>can host card tournaments and things like that in my building for the MTG crowd
The moment you do this your place becomes nerd central. If you want to run successful bar, it has to be attractive for girls. Hell, where I live, clubs dont charge entrance fees to girls.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.