[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your first positive action is to answer this short question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: chess capitalism.jpg (62KB, 615x412px) Image search: [Google]
chess capitalism.jpg
62KB, 615x412px
Your first positive action is to answer this short question:

“What do you want?”

The work of it begins when I tell you that you must answer that question fully and completely in black and white! Right now you must begin a complete list of what you want. Why such a detailed list? Because that is the first step to getting them! This list becomes a list of your goals, your destinations!

Tell me this. Can you imagine a man going to the nearest airport to catch a plane with only the vaguest idea of where he wanted to go? If you were the ticket seller, what would you do to help him? Can you visualize what would happen?

Man: I'd like a ticket, please.
You: Certainly, sir, where to?
Man: Oh ... uh ... someplace nice.
You: I don't understand.
Man: Well, it's important I “get someplace”. I don't want to just waste time. I want to really get someplace.
You: Someplace like ... where?
Man: Oh, someplace where I can be happy. Where I can have a good income. Get a new car, maybe. Perhaps become an executive with a good company or even have my own business of some sort. Be able to take good care of my wife and kids. You know, I'd like to get someplace where things were really great for my family and me. Just give me a ticket; I'll pay for it.
You: But, sir, I can't sell you a ticket until you know exactly where you want to go.

Wouldn't that be your reaction? You would have no way to help that man until he could tell you where he wanted to go. And isn't that what you've been saying to life? “I want to get someplace" covers everything and yet nothing! One thinks he has a goal because he wants to “be somebody.” But until there is a very clear picture of that position, he cannot hope to achieve it.

Looking at your life in this way, it isn't surprising that you have not already reached the height of success you might desire ... on the contrary, it is remarkable that you have achieved any success at all.
>>
>>1849194
once you get to where you want you'll find it sucks. Do this often enough and you'll realize what you want is a process, not a place.

this is how we know /biz/ isn't rich. you guys think it's somewhere you get to and never leave. Rich people know better.
>>
>>1849194

Thanks opie, really got me thinkin
>>
>>1849194
I want enough money so that I never have to work in my life.

Now hand me that ticket please.
>>
>>1849194
That's my problem. I don't know what I want. I have no aspiration, no desire, no motivation. As it turns out, sometimes you just want to be happy.
>>
>>1849953
Yep, me too. The only goal now is "work dead-end job to accumulate and invest capital so I don't have to work dead-end job anymore."

I have no longer-term, positive "want to do X" goals, they are all "don't want to do X" goals.
>>
I've been struggling with this. Unfortunately I like Diogenes aesthetic. I don't have any material desires. Just an income source that provides 3x my expenses (so 30k a year or up) so I can save 1/3, spend 1/3, take every other year off or every other 6 months off to go travel on the remaining 1/3. That would be pretty ideal. But "hurr you have a gap on your resume" pretty well screws me. There's no simple material possession I want, and I don't want a (((career))) as some wageslave.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.