[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quitting your job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: sad_cat.jpg (15KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
sad_cat.jpg
15KB, 300x400px
Help me /biz/ im a 18 year old working at a carpenting shop. I sell shit like nails, working equipment and material. The thing id that I dont know shit about that stuff and i am completely useless if someone doesnt know what to do/buy.
Im pretty sure the only reason my boss hasnt fired me is because im just a little kid and he knows my dad. Should i quit or just stay and sacrifice my dignity for the money?
>im useless in my job and am wondering if i should quit
>>
>>1848601
instead of running like a bitch you could git good if your boss feels sorry for you he'll teach you what you need to know.
>>
File: the_chap.jpg (10KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
the_chap.jpg
10KB, 236x213px
>>1848601
Or you could try giving it maximum effort.

Learn about carpenting stuff, watch as many youtube vids as you can, ask questions, exapnd your knowledge, make something yourself, like a bird house or a fucking dog house or something.

Or just quit and move on. But don't go the middle of the road way, half assed effort way.

Either fully do it, or don't do it.
>>
>>1848649
Ive been working here for almost a year now since i said to myself that i should at least give it a shot and see how it goes.
Its not that i dont know how to do the basic cashier shit like using the cash machine, its the work and carpenting related questions i have problems with. Everyone else but me are old retired carpenters so they have so much more experience while i have none.
Its so embarassing when the customers know ALOT more than me about what we are selling even though i work here.
>>
>>1848697
Yeah, i have thought about just that its just that the carpenting job is such a wide spectrum, we are selling everything from nails to paint to floors. We are even selling things for electricians like sockets and stuff like that.
I feel like it would be a waste to educate myself for all of this when this is only a job i have while i get a better education.
>>
>>1848723
>>1848736

Don't be fucking stupid. Learn about carpenting, it will come handy when you are going to build a house and it can save you money. Not to mention it's a skill that every man should have and know about.

It looks like you are just afraid of going around asking dumb questions to more experienced people. It's stupid to feel that way, I'm sure if you write down all the questions you have and just ask someone who knows shit and is nice in general, that he will take time and explain everything to you.

If you need job for money keep doing it, if you have money or w/e just drop it. However, don't be fucking stupid and feel too ashamed to ask questions when you don't know the answers.

That's like failing a class in high school and you would keep ditching the class and even when you went in, you would just listen to teacher, having no idea and being to stupid to ask him questions to explain things to you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.