[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you come up with a GOOD company name?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1489143981546s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px)
1489143981546s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
So, here's my back story:

I've always been a bit of a hustler and have been grinding for years. I decided to change all that and try a proper profession and I taught myself to code over the years. Last year I decided to try and find clients and I got my first paid gig worth $5000 which I thought was amazing considering the effort I need to put into it (less than a week). Just a few days into this, I found another client and I accepted the deal even though I didn't have the time to work on it. I hired a freelancer working remotely, gave him a few pointers and he did all the work with very little oversight from me and I made about a 1000% margin. Since then I tried my hand at electronics design and I found this market to be even more lucrative than software. This has been going on for a little over a year and I've already moved into a bigger apartment and living a comfortable life.

Now, the problem with remote freelancers is that they aren't always that reliable. They might have a day job that they didn't tell you about and sometimes they switch their focus on to that and don't reply to your messages on time.

I think I'm onto something bigger. I've got offers for more gigs but don't have the time or manpower to do it so I'm thinking about a strategy to scale up what I'm doing. With the kind of money I'm making, I could make this a company that offers custom coding by Engineers rather than code monkeys. I really want to start hiring locally and get myself an office since I have the money to do that now.

I'm now thinking of registering a company and put up my first job post on StackOverflow and Monster.com to attract the best talent.

I just can't think of a good company name. Do you follow any strategies to come up with names or just try random words until you come up with something that sounds good? Should I try psychedelics? I don't want those generic names like "Anon Software Solutions" or "Anon Tech". I'm looking for a general name that could mean anything.
>>
>>1847932
>first you choose a logo
>than you come up with a name which matches the logo
>>
>>1847932
It has to be something that rolls off the tongue.

For example, a business enterprise software company, you might call SonicSystems LLC
>>
>>1847932
Programming/math/science concepts make cool names, just don't overdo it. Cities, geographies, female names. Some of my favorites:

>Jane Street
>Boston Dynamics
>Google Calico
>>
>>1847932
Get some latin words that relate to your company and sound cool
>>
>>1848222
I think Math and Science concepts are mostly taken and overdone already. I like the idea of using geographical locations.

>>1848242
I like this idea too. Any reason you mentioned Latin specifically?
>>
>>1847932

not sure how shit of an idea this is but i always choose my names based on what .com domains are available. lol.

https://domainr.com/
>>
>>1848257
Latin seems to have an association with legitimacy and reputation in English more than any other language. At the very least, you look legit when you have a latin name.
>>
how does one teach themself how to code properly?
>>
File: 1489134437451.jpg (29KB, 480x519px) Image search: [Google]
1489134437451.jpg
29KB, 480x519px
>>1848480
There are plenty of courses, tutorials, etc available online. Buy a few decent books as well. Python is very easy to get started with.
>>
>>1847932
>"DFPF"
- Dirty Frog Posting Fag, but no one has to know that.
>>
Your companies name shall be Diamond Coding.
>>
>>1847932
Make it something people can google.
>>
>>1847932
Try to visualize your business as an object, animal, etc.

Your model is to have a pool of qualified freelance engineers to whom you give projects. For example, you're the central brain sending tasks to your many arms that do the work. Like an octopus. That would make a neat logo, plus "oct" is a cool word.
You could go with Octech, Octotech, Cephalotech (or Seftek).

Brainstorm like that.
>>
>>1847932
One way is to learn how companies before you have done it. There are plenty of names available but you may not find a suitable .com domain so you might have to settle for a shitty name or use a different TLD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_name_etymologies
>>
>>1847932
Not naming your company what you do could cost u some business youd never know u lost.

I had an llc named Fear the Beard tho.

Its yours do wtf u want.
>>
>>1847932
it doesnt have to make sense, it just has to bring you a certain feeling. for example, mouse or softbank.
>>
>>1847932
Hire some marketing cunts to come up with your branding - sounds like you can afford it. They'll deliver a better final result and you don't have to waste time on it that would be better spent doing what you're good at.
>>
>>1847932
How do find high-paying clients that aren't "I want Facebook for 5k" types

Pick a Latin or Greek word. Trim or change the stem. Add "solutions".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.