[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buying cheap shit on Alibaba and reselling for a profit on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1486592566421.png (777KB, 621x610px) Image search: [Google]
1486592566421.png
777KB, 621x610px
>buying cheap shit on Alibaba and reselling for a profit on Ebay

Anyone done this?
>>
>>1847261
No, I have little interest in doing that...

But, since others are, and since I don't understand how you guys account for shipping rates, any insight would be appreciated. Like, rules of thumb, if there are membership programs to decrease them, whatnot.
>>
>>1847261
u
>>
And where the hell do you ship and pick up a metric ton of dragon dildos?
>>
I did this before Alibaba was popular and was still relatively untrustworthy.
I didn't know if my shit was gonna arrive or not.
It arrived anyway, and I bought 200 or so of something for about 15 cents (it was 10 pence each, but whatever) sold them for 70 USD each. (50 GBP each)

I made like 7000 grand after fees etc in less than a month but as soon as I did it, other people copied and it became too much like hard work to keep up with everything so I called it a day.

I used to report every other similar item listed using fake accounts as forgeries (even though mine were fake and theirs weren't) and that way I'd be the only one in the search results.
>>
>>1847482
>bought and sold bootlegs

OP, do not do this unless you like prison and/or 10k out of court settlements. Anon is lucky he didn't get busted

I have and do sell chinese products. Tips:

-yes it works
-no its not free money.
-finding inventory has a learning curve, eventually "what is profitable" will click and itll become much easier to find new, profitable products
-dont fucking EVER sell fakes/bootlegs/counterfeits. the risk is NOT worth the reward
-dont fucking dropship, ESPECIALLY if you're new. Don't know why nearly everyone here thinks thats the best way to do it.
-dont bother making "what should I sell?" requests, its a stupid question and you're not going to get an answer. figure your own shit out for yourself
>>
I've done this for a while and it was very profitable. I started with several dummy eBay accounts to see which items would generate the most demand and then I used bots to list them.
>>
>>1847582
>don't dropship
why not? seems perfectly fine esp if you epacket it
>>
>>1847261

>>1844512
>>
>>1849779
>>1847582

That was probably before eBay circa 2012.

Now there are just too many fees and limits to deal with. And youre at the mercy of your buyers. One complaint, and eJew and JewPal can shut you down and freeze your account/hold your money.

I don't see the benefit anymore.
>>
>>1847261
Nah the import costs to my country are way to high to pay off the trouble it takes
>>
Unlike most people I actually do this, let me tell you that with eBay and PayPal fees along with shipping the margins are thin, and products that get any margin are obscure and hard to find. It's really not worth it.
>>
>>1849795
i have to answer this question literally in every ebay thread that gets made

-chinese dont care about you
-they sell to everyone for the same price
-theyre not worried about your business reputation with buyers
-they dont care if you get complaints/banned, theyll immidaitely replace you with the next buyer in line

dropshipping in general is something you should only do AFTER you've learned how to run the entire operation on your own, that way you never rely on an outside influence in order to run your business. I always push newbies off of the idea if at all possible. I suggest you only start using it to optimize and grow your numbers AFTER you've passed the learning phase of becoming an ebayer/ecommerce. Even then I would still stay away unless you -need- to for some reason, and when that time finally comes to only use a legitimate *logistics company* to house and handle logistics of your inv, NOT use chinese wholesale dropshippers, for the same reasons I mentioned above.

Using cheap chinese wholesaler dropships means you WILL get complaints and eventually banned, or you need to know how to deal with customers good enough to solve it. That means you need experience, and preferably be using stealth ebay/pp accs.

I myself also do not dropship.

Also someone fucking screencap this so I don't have to type it every fucking thread

>>1849806
fees have *barely* risen percentage wise, if going from 9% to 10% in final value fees from ebay breaks you, you're doing it wrong. (Yes I'm aware theres other various fees here n there, depending on what ur selling and how)

not saying I dont mind the hikes, but its far from killing the system.

with that said, the whole "chinese wholesell dropshipping" thing *is* becoming harder to profit, because the minor increase in fees *is* enough to kill the lowest of low profit items, which is what this method uses. Just another reason why I say gtfo of that mindset. More profits are in better inventory.
>>
>>1847261
>>1847261
There has to be better suppliers than alibaba for nich items. I don't get how you can make any real money off anything without serious scale or selling counterfeits out of a Mexico address
>>
>>1847261

I'm looking into it, but thus far it's looking difficult.

1. Amazon is currently in the process of trying to court Chinese manufacturers directly, cutting you out. Long term it's iffy.

2. Transportation costs are very high the smaller your shipment, so you'd better be prepared to import thousands upon thousands of dragon dildos, or else the margins aren't really there.

3. Finding a trustworthy manufacturer can be difficult without a sourcing agent on site/going to China yourself.

I still plan to try it, but I don't have the requisite capital yet.
>>
>>1847261
I would only enter this market if you're able to speak Mandarin, or are familiar with Chinese business tactics.

If you're a liar, a professional liar who is used to being told lies, then you're set.
>>
>>1851309
That's the thing. Anything that gets popular gets taken over by Amazon or major players.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.