[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3poor5myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 277x182px
/biz/, should i drop out of school and just get a job already? sick of living with my mom who lives with her parents in a tiny shit house that was only meant for two people at most -- zero people given my grandma is a fucking narcissistic hoarder -- but i'm autistic so if i tried to hold down a job and good grades at the same time i know for a fact i couldn't do it.

i can work, and my skills are highly valued in this economy: i'm a computer science major, but since computer science is also my hobby, i have a much deeper and more expansive understanding of it than i would if i were only studying it academically. there's no doubt i'm qualified for any entry-level coding or data entry job in c, c++, java, python, lua, ruby, lisp, the client-side web languages, the lamp-stack server-side web languages, installing secure servers, repairing corrupt or physically damaged computers, and/or building and programming small robots. (i have yet to learn c#, objective-c, or swift, but a cursory look yields they should be no problem given what i already understand about other languages.) i have experience working with the microsoft api, the android api, and the gui toolkits gtk, qt, and sdl. i'm also very polite and cooperative, but also able to notice when proactive input is called for and supply it if none of my superiors are willing to do so; in this sense, i'd make an excellent employee and coworker in general, if not for my crippling anxiety and depression.

i'm cut out to do a good job for good money. (at least, as long as i stay on my meds.) but is that enough? if i drop out and look for work, will anyone take me without considerable credentials? i don't think "i graduated high school" will impress anyone. besides, if i drop out, i'll be forsaking the remainder of the higher learning i need to succeed in the particular subset of computer science i truly love: game development. also my mom's worked really hard to help me go to college and i'd be throwing that away.

wat do
>>
>>1845288
Don't dropout, get that dumb paper even if you know you already know more than they could ever teach you.
>>
Pics of hoard?
>>
>>1845288

>I'm autistic
>my skills are highly valued

You aren't autistic you're just proud. I'm not saying your arrogant. Pride isn't just arrogance it's also timidity. Want to know how to succeed at a job? Stop caring about how other people will perceive you and take genuine interest in them and what's going on around you not the fact that you're bored because you're so smart or can't interact with customers because you aren't an affluent speaker.

Don't bother trying to refute me because if your way was the right way you wouldn't have made this thread.
>>
>>1845995
>You aren't autistic
Yes I am. That's not self depreciation, it's a demonstrable and certified medical fact.

>Stop caring about how other people will perceive you and take genuine interest in them and what's going on around you
>take genuine interest in them and what's going on around you
As an autistic person, this is exceptionally difficult for me. I know you're right, of course, it's what I need to do, it's what everyone needs to do. But I, specifically, moreso than others, have trouble doing it.
>>
>>1846346
Also different ID because mobilefag
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-19-16-20-25.png (874KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-19-16-20-25.png
874KB, 720x1280px
>>1845288
ok. I'm going to give you my best only if you answer my questions honestly.

1. were you medically diagnosed as autistic?

2. do you have hope for a better future?

3. do you manage your time wisely?

4. have you worked before?

5. do you have any connections that can land you a job right now?

6. how much money do you have saved up and what are your belongings worth on the market? basically your net worth

7. where is the source of your sadness?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.