[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figuring out life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 21

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
At what age did you guys figure out what you wanted to do with your life?

Does anyone here feel really lost in life?

I'm 23 and I have no idea on what to do with my life. I went to college for 6 years. I took a bunch of random classes and failed/dropped most of them. I ended up dropping out at the end.

I've been looking for a new job and I have found some. I'm thinking of getting an entry lvl hr/recruiting job. It might be nice, right?

Is this a good idea?
does anyone here work in HR or recruiting?
>>
>>1842196
join the military, itll give you purpose.
>>
>>1842221
I've been told that before, but I'm not interested.

I've also seen that the military is a meme and they won't even really help you after you finish.
>>
File: 1475440958972.png (20KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1475440958972.png
20KB, 1106x1012px
>>1842196
>I'm thinking of getting an entry lvl hr/recruiting job.

I'm sure its probably a reasonable job if you're unskilled.

I hate HR drones so much, just because they recruit you they seem to think that they're your boss. I'm in a higher position than them and earn almost double their salary but they still look down on me. I'm convinced they don't even have brains. All they need for their job is a nice smile, a tidy haircut and a list of generic "where do you see yourself in five years time" interview questions sourced from the first page on google. Superficial airhead wankers.
>>
You lack discipline. Until you get that handled fucking forget it.
>>
>>1842196
>I'm thinking of getting an entry lvl hr/recruiting job. It might be nice, right?
Why do you think that might a good match for you? Just curious why a guy who says he feels lost and seems directionless gravitates towards a particular career stream.
>>
>>1842228
Trump is president now. There's a saying in the military. Reds always give a lilbit extra. You'll get great pay and allowances and taken care of lad
>>
>>1842383
I took a few test saying I should try in work in the business area. It also said that I'm good at caring for people, so I just figured HR would be a good match.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (156KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
156KB, 1920x1440px
>>1842706
>HR caring for people
Yeah, "people" as in executive board and shareholders
>>
>>1842196
I'm almost 30 and I still have no idea what I want to do. My advice is just to find a decent paying job, work it, and then take any opportunities that arise

Even lateral movements within a company to a different department will be "experience" and will look good and will broaden your knowledge base. Life is all about bullshitting (unfortunately) so the more experiences you have to pull from, the more "qualified" for *any* job you become

My greatest mistake in life is that I stayed at a terrible paying dead end job for way too long because I didn't know what I want to do. Huge mistake. Do *something*, anything, make sure if pays decently. You probably wont *like* the job, but at least make sure you don't *hate* it, and then take any interesting opportunity that comes across, even if you think you aren't "ready" for it, and continue taking opportunities as long as you don't get paid less

If only I knew that at 23
>>
>>1842735
Do you really feel like its too late for you? I've taken a few college classes and I remember that some of my classmates were in their 30's-50's.

desu I just want a nice comfy office job.
>>
>>1842746
>Do you really feel like its too late for you?
Nah, I've got things settled now and I'm doing well, but if I had realized this at 23 I'd be a few years ahead of where I am now

Also, fuck college. I don't have a degree, and my job reimburses me tuition if I take classes related to my field. Any decent job will do this. If you feel you must go to college, then wait for that opportunity, but college is a waste of time unless you're going to become a doctor or something
>>
>>1842751
What do you do for a living?
>>
File: 1488954859055.jpg (306KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488954859055.jpg
306KB, 706x720px
wagecuckery sucked my soul and made me a husk devout of emotion
>>
>>1842758
I work in a business/finance related industry, with 0 prior experience, among peers of various ages most of whom have a degree in business/finance/economics whereas I do not

Just apply a million places that seem like you may not hate the work. Eventually you'll get interviews, and you need to make good impressions because people are driven more by emotions than logic, and as soon as you get a leg in the door, you're in

Sorry I'm not more specific
>>
>>1842390
That's actually pretty true now. If you want to have a good time though, go back to college and finish some kind of degree easy as many previous credits as you can , then join the military going through Officer Candidate School. Line officers have it a lot easier than just straight enlisting, and you get higher pay. But you have to finish college
>>
>>1842766
Wow thats pretty good.

I've tried to apply for entry lvl office jobs, but they all say that I need years of experience in the field, which fucks me up.

Also whats a typical day in the office?
>>
>>1842228
>I've also seen that the military is a meme and they won't even really help you after you finish.

nigga what?

I was an Air Force meteorologist, traveled Europe, got a free bach degree and now Veteran looks shit hot on a resume

I just got paid to get a free masters degree, VA benefits, most everyone gets disability for life

everyone is a fool not to do the military.
>>
>>1842797
>they all say that I need years of experience in the field
Every job says that. They're painting their ideal candidate, who is quite frankly overqualified for the job

Apply anyway. It helps if you have an aesthetically pleasing resume. If people have 5 years related experience for an entry level job, they are overqualified and probably aren't applying for it. Again, apply anyway. Apply 8 hours a day if you're unemployed; I'm serious. You will eventually get some interviews despite being less than ideal. You just need to nail the interview

Day in the life: I know a ton of information that I was trained on. Job provided all training. I speak with clients via phone mostly. I sit or stand at a desk
>>
A large problem today is that people think that STEM is the only job opportunity. When you're 26 years old and wasted 6 years of college and working at a Costco, it becomes a little easier to settle for that forestry degree to work at a national park.
>>
File: resume.png (43KB, 756x788px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
43KB, 756x788px
>>1842810
My resume is pretty pathetic desu. I've posted it on here and on other boards too and I did get some help fixing it, but I still think its shit. I haven't really done much in life. I'm trying to join a few clubs at school, so that I will look a little better.

Here is my resume.
>>
23 year old in same situation here.

I see it as a few choices, from best to worst
>Study biz at college and try and use that setup/connection to get decently high wage job after a few years
>Learn trade and operate side hustles both legal and the opposite of that
>Suck corpie penis and work your way into a role that you may be naturally gifted at

What in any sensibility is left? You can start your own business full time? But the way the world is heading there is no point operating a physical operation, so do it online. But then you probably won't need full time hours after a while. But then what do you do with your spare time?
>>
>>1842853
Nigga half the shit you put in your resume makes it worse if you're applying to anything accounting related.
Here we go:
- stuff under academic project: doesnt add anything. who cares you wrote a paper on child abuse, no-one is impressed by you estimating the costs to start a marathon (what the hell do you even mean by starting a marathon, you probably mean organizing), and every academic has written 25+ page papers so dont put it there, makes you look incompetent for thinking thats an achievement

experience: jesus fuck all you have is some teenage job at a steak house? get some more experience and remove the steak house job, no one gives a fuck about how complicated you can try and make your simple job look like.

additional information: languages, only one? if you've ever learned any 2 words of another language, put it there. otherwise, take a crash course in spanish and put it there. We know you speak english based on the fact that your resume is in english, so putting languages - English there, only provides the new information that you dont know any other language. Either remove it or add languages
technical skills: everyone who has ever laid a finger on a computer can do that shit. they're useful skills, but in no way impressive and they do not at all make you stand out from the crowd. Add more skills, specifically skills related to whatever position you're applying to.

It's very hard for me to believe you've posted this on several boards and gotten advice on how to improve it. The only thing that looks decent about your resume is the format
>>
I'm 23, I drive an Audi,I have a wife, and I just closed on my first house 2 days ago.

My parents are war refugees and we grew up in what's now known as the, "Heroin Valley" in Philadelphia. I never had much, but I always had ambition to achieve. I never let anyone tell me what I can and can't do and I'm fortunate enough to be where I am now. The odds of failure were favorable and success was more than a long shot, but I made it.

Anything is possible, just do it.
>>
>>1842876
If I remove the work/academic and tech skills then I'll have nothing on the resume.
>>
>>1842853
There's no reason to include a 3.3 GPA from a community college on your resume. It makes you look like an idiot. Once you get your degree, get rid of the community college part altogether. It a huge red flag
>>
>>1842983
>get rid of the community college part altogether

Why?
A lot of people go to cc
>>
>>1842920
wow bro you drive an audi ? thats fucking amazing
>>
>>1842952
Then your resume isn't the biggest problem you have. It's the lack of skills that is the main issue.
Look at it from the perspective of an employer. Why would he hire you and not any of the other 100 generic applicants? I know I wouldn't. None of the things you mentioned in your resume help you significantly with being a better accountant/whatever the hell it is you want to be. Meanwhile, other applicants have followed business courses, know programming languages, followed honors programs, et cetera. That's the kind of shit employers care about. Not Jimmy's fucking steak house. Sorry to go so hard on you, but you're not going to get a job worthy of someone with a university degree with this resume. Go out there and develop yourself in ways that would make you a better accountant, not waiter.
>>
>>1843011
Well I wasn't trying to get an accounting job. I moved locations, so I guess my id changed. I'm really OP.

Yeah I know my resume is shit, but I though it would be good enough to get a entry lvl position in a office.
>>
>>1843011
>Why would he hire you and not any of the other 100 generic applicants?
they solved the child abuse problem lad. id hire him.
>>
>>1843017
I'm talking about the resume posted (it may be you, don't really care). It says accounting there, but my points hold for any position that would require a university degree.
I don't know how the job market is in the US (i'm assuming that's where you want to work), but in western Europe you wouldn't get shit with this resume unless you were sending out applications 8hrs a day like some guy suggested. How many people people do you think graduate every year with a degree in accounting or something similar? And how many entry level positions do you think there are? And how would you rank yourself (skills and resume) compared to your fellow students?
I've seen plenty of university students' resumes, and let me tell you I have rarely seen one that I would consider worse than yours.
Once again, I'm going hard on you, but it's because you need it.

Also what the other guy said about cc: he's right. But don't remove it until you have enough other stuff to put on your resume
>>
>>1842764
What do you do?
>>
>>
File: 1488437044657.jpg (46KB, 272x449px) Image search: [Google]
1488437044657.jpg
46KB, 272x449px
Here's what I told a friend of mine in the same situation. Firstly, spend time figuring out who you are. Ask yourself questions and seek awnsers internally. Envision yourself doing different jobs and see what makes you the least miserable. Next acquire the skills to get that job and apply for that kind of job over 100 times before you even question giving up.

If you cannot complete this checklist your standards are either too high or you are defective, please kill your self.
>>
>>1842196

>15- Wanted to design video games
>16- decided that it's pointless, decide I will go into accounting when I'm older
>17- decide accounting could get easily automated, decide to go into IB/consulting when I finish my accounting studies
>18- start panicking because a lot of big4 firms don't accept the diploma I'm working towards. Probably not going to go into IB/consulting
>>
File: Don Draper .jpg (18KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Don Draper .jpg
18KB, 300x450px
Is there any field more alpha than sales?
>>
7 and 18 respectively.

When I was 7 I decided I wanted to be a filmmaker. Nothing else. Should have known it's really fucking hard to get into the industry. And let me tell you, it is a pretty shitty industry. So schmoozing people isn't exactly what I wanted.

That's why when I turned 18 I decided I wanted to be a banker instead. Great decision, not really because that's something to be planned when you're 12. Not at the hall start of your college career.
>>
>>1842706
You're going about it ass backwards, doing a test that says you're appropriate for something is a few steps away from doing a horroscope to find out your destiny.

Instead read up about careers you think might be interesting, see if you can shadow someone for a day ideally. Actually get into the millieu of something.

The most important thing is to do a kind of psychological audit of yourself, know your strengths, your weaknesses, and the shit which you can stand to do for the rest of your life. That's very important, not everyone can follow their dreams or do what they "love" for a living, but your life will be way easier if you can do something that you can more-than-tolerate for your life.

Now, if you can shadow someone an industry, and find out it's the job you love: perfect!

but don't let anyone TELL you what career you're suited for, let them suggest paths of investigation, but work it out yourself.
>>
>>1842196

30 here.

At 28 I finally found a good career. I feel like I have a handle on what I want and how to make money.

But then again some people say you never really figure out life. It's constant exploration/discovery until you are dead.

I guess that's a good thing?
>>
>>1842221

Yes but he could end up infantry in the desert hoping not to get blown up by a towelhead.

Not exactly a great path to finding self purpose.
>>
>>1842196
25 years old. Wanted to get into computers and IT since high school. Turns out I'm running up against guys who have three times the amount of certs I have and twice as many degrees, and started doing hacker-level bullshit since elementary. The saddest part is that they are having trouble getting jobs, too. Either they only get temp network admin jobs for a couple of months, or the position they want gets filled by either some normie who's related to the boss or some Asian super genius interning for free for their university class. You can't beat that shit no matter what.
Don't know what else to do. If I keep studying, I might catch up to their level eventually and MAYBE get an entry level position. But even then, nothing near me is guaranteed, and no one wants to hire full time anymore.
>>
>>1842853

I'm guessing you're from the USA, so I don't know what the job markets like there (I'm in Australia btw).

Honestly, your biggest problem (like everyone else has stated) is your lack of experience. You've spent 5 years of your life shit kicking at a dead end job as a waiter doing and learning jack piss on the fucking job.

You've got no unique work experience on your resume. Every fucking 22 year old kid graduating university/college/whatever is jerking themselves off working at McDonalds while racking up student loans and living on mummy and daddy's credit card.

To be honest, hospitality/fastfood jobs should be left for high schoolers. I worked at a fast food restaurant during high school. Sure, there was nothing wrong with working there, but I had been there for 3 years at that point and I was at a dead end where my career wasn't going to develop there anymore, I had reached my full potential there.

The second I finished high school, I was applying for any job I could, anywhere other than fastfood/retail. Within two weeks, I landed a job at a call center doing customer support. It wasn't a glamours job (no job is), but I had developed on the skills I had learnt at my previous job. Pair this up with study and your resume will look better than any other college jerk off your age.

I also saw you went to community college (for accounting I assume?) Why not apply for relevant work with your associates degree? Look for entry level bookkeeping jobs or accounts payable or some shit like that.

tldr: Avoid working shitty dead end jobs (retail, fastfood, hospitality) with no prospects, Keeping looking to expand your skills, keep looking to move up.
>>
>>1844080
depends on what you're selling
>>
>>1844788
Is it possible to get an internship while you take a break from college?
>>
22 yo here
i decided to study computer engineering because i was goodish at math and physics and i liked to play computer games
mental illness hit me early in college and i was a terrible student
i went to a 5 year school with 3 internships integrated into my schedule (guess which school i went to)
i had to leave for six months because i couldn't find an internship so i went home and worked mall retail and took programming classes at the CC
i came back to school and my first internship i worked for a smoll govt/university research lab and wrote code for six months and realized electrical engineering is gay as shit and i just want to code
also i really love econ so i started an econ minor
at this time i wanted to change majors but my GPA was literally too shitty to enroll in another program
i kept trying to just deal with my major but i hated the EE classes i had to take and i kept failing and my mental health killed my motivation to stay in CE
i lucked the fuck out (TYBG) and my second internship (which i'm at rn) is at a fortune 100 and i'm doing corporate strategy for a large company tangentially related to my studies
i'm now going to drop out of my school and instead study CS at another nearby cheaper school
and until class starts at the new school, i'm going to try to stay at my corporate strategy job because it's fucking cool

tl;dr
i never knew what i wanted to do until i got an internship and found out what i didn't want to do
i now have an slightly unrelated internship and as a technically-minded student surrounded by bumbling idiot finance and marketing majors, i'm shining bright as fuck
find what you do better than your peers, yo
a lot of people are fucking idiots but have nice jobs
>>
>>1844966
Feels like the main pitfall sometimes, computer games.

I've grown up around and heavily involved with tech, but little drive to go alongside it. People tend to think learning programming is kinda related to just playing vidya. If only :/
>>
>>1844971
in high school i played video games because i was a depressed virgin nerd but i never learned how to code

i went into college wanting to make computer chips because i didn't expect to learn to program

but then i figured out how fun programming is
>>
>>1845007
>but then i figured out how fun programming is
autist detected
>>
>>1844648
>Yes but he could end up infantry...
You don't ever just wake up and find yourself as infantry. It is a deliberate choice on the recruits part.
>>
>>1845074
i don't have a diagnosis but i might be
my girlfriend thinks i'm autistic
>>
>>1844966
How did you even land an internship with a shitty gpa?
>>
>>1845298
my school structures the internship (co-op) system and students are almost but not guaranteed an internship
i think my employers didn't have access to my transcript and i never disclosed my GPA
also i think they had trouble finding other people to hire
>>
>>1845318
Damn thats pretty cool. Good for you man
>>
>>1844080
"I need validation" the post
>>
File: agp_102103.jpg (37KB, 290x381px) Image search: [Google]
agp_102103.jpg
37KB, 290x381px
>>1844080
depends on if you mean working as a cashier or as a marketer
>>
>>1843466
This.
At 27 you will find your life meaning or get testicular cancer. Or both.
>>
>>1842196
Get up and get out. Just fucking do it.
Don't sit around and talk about thinking about shit and figuring shit out.
Once you get out there you will quickly find out what you like and don't like and what you are good at.
Then you'll realize that you're an average person and will have an average life or you'll bust out and become Elon Musk.
>>
>>1845529
What do you do for a living?
>>
>>1845529
>/biz/ - Business & Finance
>[Start a New Thread]

Something might eat him though
>>
>>1844080
I asked for my steak medium done not rare you fucking stupid pieceashit waiter this is the fourth time how can't you get my order right
>>
File: 1472826459366.jpg (93KB, 581x657px) Image search: [Google]
1472826459366.jpg
93KB, 581x657px
>>1842803
>muh benefits
>>
>>1842196
I think I was 26 or 27 when I realized I simply wanted to be free. I like my job and I don't mind work, but being able to say fuck it and quit when something doesn't suit you is what gets me going. I'm 30 now and I have enough passive income to barely get by, so I guess I'm doing ok so far.
>>
so every cunt wants experience, but none are willing to give you a chance to gain said experience. Can we just start killing old people who still work over the age of 60? Or maybe cleanse out the HR departments of these giant businesses? Or, Hell, get world war 3 going because at least when half the fucking population is dead and the other is suffering from nuclear holocaust, maybe, just maybe there will be a fucking job opening that'll take low experienced applicants
>>
>>1845658
30 y/o too, and can't say it enough. Financial independence is the goal.

Whether that's 65 or 85 or 45, that's up to you.
>>
>>1845599
If the army was abolished of the US you see how fast you wish you had an army.
>>
Dunno about hr but 25 when I realized what I really wanted.
>>
I'm 24 and been at my real job for only two years. This is my conclusion. I've figured out that engineering sucks and I'll probably always be unhappy working for someone else.

>>1845658
>I think I was 26 or 27 when I realized I simply wanted to be free. I like my job and I don't mind work, but being able to say fuck it and quit when something doesn't suit you is what gets me going. I'm 30 now and I have enough passive income to barely get by, so I guess I'm doing ok so far.

What is your passive income.
>>
File: 1476846752126.jpg (21KB, 248x187px) Image search: [Google]
1476846752126.jpg
21KB, 248x187px
>>1842853
>95% accuracy

What did you fucking keep track off all the times you have someone incorrect change or something?
>>
>Graduated college with a 2.4 gpa.

>Got super lucky and landed a finance job through a family connection out of college.

>Worked there for 2.5 years.

>Abused adderall - kept oversleeping and fucking up.

>Lost job and went to rehab.

>Out of rehab now and trying to rebuild.

>Super depressed. In $20k+ credit card debt. Working fast food job just to stay busy while i search. Just hoping i find a real job soon.
>>
>>1846305
2-3 of those 50 plus customers he served per week must've complained
>>
>>1842196
Are you me?
>>
>>1842196
You sound exactly like me at 23. Best advice I can give is to finish school. Move away from friends because they're probably distracting you. You obviously want more out of life but you're lost. I've been there.

Get a finance degree or accounting degree. It'll open up a ton of doors for you. I did finance and the classes aren't that difficult. It's the fatigue that gets you especially if you're working. GPA doesn't even matter after your first real job. I had 2.97 GPA. When I was in school I got a job that doubled my salary before I even graduated. You just have to be persistent.
You'll get of out of the trenches and away from the dog shit jobs.

Please take my advice. I absolutely guarantee you'll be happier if you do this.
>>
Yeah, I'm gonna be rich.
>>
>>1846333
Dang breh
>>
>>1846279
I rent out 2 flats.
>>
Around the age of 3 according to my parents. Apparently I had to help my granddad get on the internet over and over again.

If you dont know what you want to do, then just try shit until you find something that suits you.
>>
>25
>peers are making 60k by now even though I always scored the highest on tests and knew more
>I'm making the equivalent of 12k and fight against homelessness and starvation on the daily
>all because I'm not """"outgoing"""" and HR cunts give me the boot

>>1845693

I feel this feel. I toy with a daydream of engineering a superplague to wipe out the ranks. Technically I could do it, too. I think if I ever tip into truly being homeless, I will have nothing left to lose and just might.

You have enough money, fat old bastard in the suit, get out and let me work. RRREEEEEEEEE. It isn't fair that normies live a happy life while I suffer. Everyone should suffer.
>>
>>1842196

I'm 25 and I'm not sure whether I should become a teacher or just go back to school and fuck off.

Overtime doing my security job is killing me, but at least it's giving me time to write a book.
>>
>>1842735
Sage advice here op. 31 here and samesame.

Last job was a nightmare.

This job is mine till i die. U want to retire rich and young but if not i got a solid job nesr home and content enough
>>
>>1844646
Meh, i dunno. Life can be a bitch sometimes...
>>
>>1845492
Kek. Ball cancer would suck
>>
>>1845658
Fucking eh right anon me too.

Wtf u getting that sweet passive income from?

Trying to build and rent cabins until i can get in on some oil leases and then who knows.
>>
File: 1475653108630.gif (2MB, 310x368px) Image search: [Google]
1475653108630.gif
2MB, 310x368px
>>1842920
>I drive an Audi,I have a wife
the pinnacle of success right here.

well done tho.
My car is a piece of shit but I'm above materialism.
>>
>>1842920
>I got government funding to brown up a neighborhood

Good thing for that welfare state
>>
Having this problem too. Also 23, at community college and ready to transfer for finance to a uni but I think its fucking boring now and want to switch to STEM. If i switch itll set me back from graduating by another year or two. Fuck me, i'll probably just finish it
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>1842196
>>1842196
>>1842196
>>1842196
>>1842196

OP: Some people never figure out what they want to do with their life . .. .. . and you know what, that is just fine.

Not every person has that one thing that defines them or makes them happy, Some people enjoy doing a lot of different things. Some people can just adapt to whatever is in front of them. Some people just don't enjoy doing anything. All of these people are perfectly fine the way they are.

Stop trying to fit into the mold of "I need to find myself" or "I need to find what career I should be doing" There is no career that anybody "should" be doing.

Just follow your own instincts every day OP. Don't worry about where you "should" be in life. Some days your instincts will lead you in a good direction, and other days they won't. But just follow your own instincts every single day.

Keep it simple.
>>
>>1842920
>I'm 23, I drive an Audi,I have a wife, and I just closed on my first house 2 days ago.

If those things are a big deal to you, then you have reached your ceiling.
>>
>>1844080
Well, you always need a salesman and an accountant to run a business, but I don't know why sales is alpha.
>>
>>1849094
>not aspiring to be a slum lord
>>
I'm 23 years old making 80k a year as a data analyst. My best advice is to choose a goal career.. something that you would enjoy doing. For example let's say it's becoming a software developer. Then figure a plan to get there - this would be going to college, getting good grades and doing side projects. Then put all your time and energy into that goal. Focus is key.

Honestly though this is what 18-19 year olds think about. By the time I was 18 i had already decided my career and working on it full time so had my peers. A 23 year old should be in the beginnings of a career already. If you haven't figured out life already how will you catch up to your peers? I know peers who are a year older making six figures and engaged. I mean in 2 years time you should be married.

Get your shit together dude. You're far behind. There's no time to waste. This is a race. That's why it's called the rat race for a reason. You are competing with other people and right now you are behind by a lot. You have zero time to waste anymore. You're basically going to have to go full speed.
>>
>>1849133
cuck
>>
>>1849123

If a person has to talk about something they have accomplished, then that something must be a big deal to them.

If it wasn't a big deal, then they wouldn't need to talk about it, because it would be just another day at the office.
>>
File: 1477687062984.jpg (23KB, 312x247px) Image search: [Google]
1477687062984.jpg
23KB, 312x247px
>be me at 22, finally find something I want to do
>go to trade school and take 2 year course
>graduate into recession, hard as fuck to find a job
>25 now working a dead end job and failing to start a career

I am a massive failure
>>
>study engineering
>about to graduate
>do internship
>realise I hate full time work
>decide going to become a dentist
>>
>>1842196
i want to travel and spend a lot so im doing accounting/finance. i cant live pay check to pay check, no vacations for me.
>>
>>1849133
what a load of bullshit
>>
>>1842196
Relax kid.
Plenty of people have no idea what they really want to do till they are 30 or even 40.
>>
I'm 24 and currently getting my Masters in IO-Psychology and I have no idea if that even is what I want for my life.

My advise is to do lots of internships to figure shit out you like.
>>
Im 38 and just started med school. Youve got time broskow
>>
> believing in the passion myth

lads
>>
>>1850104

I have that degree.

Where are you going to school?
>>
Start a business doing something you love. Screw working to make some one else money. Create your own revenue streams.
>>
>>1849301
learn economy and you won't blame yourself as hard

market is fucked up due to politics and monetarism
>>
>>1849418
>I hate full time work

Same. I'm just going after part time work. No bennies but beats a 8-6 grind every day. Luckily my expenses are dirt low so I can put money inna bank even on part time.

>>1849553

You can travel for dirt cheap. I'd like to backpack around greece, croatia, and maybe anatolia or the caspian sea. Sounds comfy.

The only "expensive" kind of travel I would be interested in would be like living on a boat and island hopping the mediterranean.
>>
>>1842770
I got a bachelors degree while in the army as well without paying a dime. What military program did you use for masters? Did you reenlist? I used up all my benefits on my bachelor degree, and the only way, they claimed, to get more edu benefits was to reenlist for at least X amount of years so the benefits start over..

And yes I agree, if you milk the military and keep out of trouble ( which is easy considering the amount of complete degenerates in the military) you come out way ahead. Def worth it.
>>
>>1844035
>49- decide stop another thing because i wasnt instantly good at it
keep at it lowlife, you'll never make it
>>
>>1842196
I'm almost 26 and I don't want to do anything in particular. I want to work in an office, any office, and I want to have a normal life and a family. Well I got my job making shop drawings in AutoCAD sitting on my ass all day. Unfortunately, women ignore me completely because I am subhuman so I won't ever reproduce or be loved.
>>
>>1846228
Yeah it would be a fucking tragedy if the retard containment department ruptured

I don't think my local salvation army is equipped to handle such an intense influx of recruits
>>
>>1842196
im 30

when I was a kid I wanted to be A. a "computer guy" (later learned i meant I wanted to be a programmer/computer software engineer) or B. Comic book artist

I wound up getting into IT working for a small computer repair shop for home/small business, but eventually left the job and then the field entirely. I was doing internet marketing (various forms of) and when I quit I decided to go full time into the IM world.

That's where I'm at now, it allowed me the freedom from a regular 9-5 and cut my work hours in half. Now, a few years after I took that step, I've had enough time to refocus and decided I'm going to get a computer engineering degree.

I have some friends in microsoft I hope to utilize to get in one I graduate, but even if that completely fails and I don't go into the field, the knowledge will help me directly with what I do now as well (There's various things I see needed that dont exist, I will create them for myself or to sell to others)
>>
>>1842817
Working at a park sounds awesome.
>>
>>1851468
You're going to be like 40 years old by the time you get a p.eng
>>
Figuring out life is a meme.

People just fuck around until they die, some of them are thoughtless enough to procreate.
>>
>>1846333
keep at it dude. very fucking similar situation. but turning to the military
>>
>>1849133
He doesn't need to compete with anyone. What worked for you won't exactly work for everyone else.
>>
File: tiresome.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
tiresome.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>27
>still don't fucking know
>indecisiveness has gotten me nowhere
>current job includes wrestling junkies infront of 7eleven at 05:30 in the morning
>>
>>1842196
Nobody really knows.

All you need to do is make enough money, relax and enjoy it until you get put in the ground.
>>
>>1844648
Somebody else covered it, but so you know, you can pick your job in the military. 90% or more of jobs in each branch never pick up guns past bootcamp. Lot of office work to do, no lie.
>>
>>1844727
Start at the bottom and work your way up. That's what I did. You may have to jump companies once or twice. Colleges post IT jobs specifically for their current undegrad students all the time. Easy place to start. Low expectations.
>>
>>1842253
a hr drone is the worst piece of shit in a company. we sabotage their "team building and character development trainings" always. two left the company one remained and two new entered. we make their lives a hell.
>>
>>1842853
burn that shit, now.
>>
>>1842196
I'm 22. Studying history in college. Still 1,5 year to go if all goes well and then I'll have a MA in history... At least college here is "free"

I'm working part-time as a journalist now. Looking at getting into either writing, or marketing. I'll have to school myself on those though. The marketing people here all hold meme degrees from a university college
>>
>>1842196
I'm 19 about to be 20 and I finally have an idea of what I want to do. I want to join the reserves and go to school and hopefully in four years I'll have my life together. Now the only thing I have to figure out is what I want to go to school for and what job I want to get while in the reserves. That's where I'm at in life currently.
>>
>>1849133
You are gonna get one hell of a midlife crisis
>>
>>1842920
So you sell heroin?
>>
>>1842920
Yeah motherfucker if houses were sub 200k in my area I'd have 3 bitch

i bet you pay nothing in rent, and got help from your wifes parents you etheopean fuck
>>
>>1851468
I know anons don't mention their niche in the IM world but what would you suggest for people starting up? I'm focusing on web & wordpress development to flip websites. I've also looked into writing erotic ebooks.

Gaining a following on Instagram, YouTube and Twitter seems a little daunting and near impossible to do. The closest I've come to social media was have 100+ viewers in a twitch stream. I painted anime girls with big boobies and talked about art or life in general. I guess I sounded like a coked up Bob Ross. (There's a lot of lonely people on that site..)
>>
>>1842196
if you like HR or just even think at HR you can kill yourself, you're a cancer
>>
>>1851654
>wrestling junkies infront of 7eleven at 05:30 in the morning
damn son thats pretty shit
>>
23 here,

My ambition in life is to make shitload money online, have a healthy business, sell it and start another

Thats it

Right now I'm making barely anything (500-1k/month) but I will figure it out
>>
>>1842196
Right now, maybe i’m kind of lost.
I’m studying eletrical engineering since the second semester of 2010, i will probably graduate at least in 2020. From 2010 until now I didn’t have classes/had to stop for 3 years (2 university strikes = 2 semesters, at the end of 2013 I had to move to another state, 2014 I didn’t study for mental health issues, at the start of 2016 I had to stop studying for a semester so I could work in an unrelated area, and this really helped me get over my problems coupled with psychotherapy).

Engineering in my country takes 5 years, it spans from 3500 to 4500 hours of classes, in the one i’m studying now it is 4000 hours. So when I moved to this state i’m currently living now i lost a semester because i couldn’t validate all the 31 classes i’ve taken (different subjects in the classes), only 26 classes were validated.

Right now I can only take 3 classes because the 2 other ones don’t fit the schedule. So I will ask the university to allow me to study 4 other classes - i really don’t know how if it will work at all. If it doesn’t work I will only have 12 hours of classes per week and i’m fucked. If they accept all classes - improbable- i will have 28 hours of classes per week (the average here).

So after 10 years living with my then undiagnonized disease and finally having it fixed, i have a few more years to go. Thankfully my university is free and my parents will support me for a few more years, but that’s not for sure, so the longer the worse it gets.
>>
21 right now

mediocre ass degree from Community College with a shit-teir GPA.

I love web development so i'm learning javascript at the moment for a side project, html/css is fun too. I'd love to do it for a living but I can't figure out what the first step is.
>>
>>1855559
What disease if you don't mind me asking. I'm in a similar predicament doing eeng and at this stage I'm almost at the stage of saying fuck it and trying crazy business. All I want to do now is have enough money for a house deposit so I can move away from my over-protective solo mother who is very controlling in ever aspect of my life. As a female she is opposed to taking risks and promotes the safe sheep path which does not fit with me, I'm creative and out of box thinker.
>>
>>1855835
I'm in the exact same position, anon.
Fuck engineering, and STEM in general.
I'm thinking about majoring in finance.
>>
>>1854111
got a throwaway?
>>
>>1855835
>>1856215
Get the degree, for better or worse it opens doors. Otherwise I agree, been STEM fag R&D for less than 2 years and want to kill myself. I really want to just do it big and start something, but I'm timid and don't really know what.
>>
I'm in a fair engineer school in France, 20 years old, and i'm failing because i hate the shit we do.
Just trading crypto-currencies and investing on my free time, and lifting weights.
>>
>>1855761

U fucked up. Anyone can make a good website with stuff like Squarespace. Front end web design is a thing of the past. You either need to be a graphic designer or a back end web developer.
>>
>>1842196
26 here, haven't figured it out yet, and feeling increasingly worse about it.

Was on "gifted" track through primary school, accepted to a top 25 university, had planned to study history or politics and go to law school. 4.0 first two semesters.

Lost my focus around late sophomore/early junior year. Depression and a narcolepsy-like disorder made it hard to get my lazy ass to class. Grades got increasingly worse, eventually a couple semesters of straight F/Ds got me kicked out in my fifth year. Had most of the gen ed and maybe half a history major done.

Been NEETing around for four years, living off small 6 figure inheritance (down to ~50k) and some small-time online sales.

Moved back home last year when my parents were having some serious health troubles, been stuck there since, sleeping till noon, smoking weed every day.

Never had a check-paying job other than a work-study job for a semester. Hard to imagine who would hire me for more than min wage. Probably makes the most sense to go back and try and finish a degree, but can't see a history degree being worth it.

I don't know, man.
>>
>>1842221
Good goy.
>>
>>1856452
Yeah don't do history, unless you want to get into teaching.
>>
39 oldfag here
I guess I'm rich but could be poor in a minute. Have enough savings and IRA investment to not work for 2 or 3 years but what's the point. Thought about starting a business for literally the last 5 years I don't like being broke I keep working at a job I hate. They hate me. I'm almost a boomer now get off my lawn faggots
>>
>>1856408
>Want to kill myself
>Want to do something else
>Get the degree anyway
That's not a very convincing argument, anon.
>>
>>1842196
28yo here.
Thus far I've tried:

>Kendo, Tankendo/Jukendo, Epee and Foil instructor
>2D and 3D Medical and Cartoon Animator
>Actor and Dance Choreographer
>Life Model and that slippery slope
>TEFL teacher
>Standard Retail/Hospitality-cuckoldry
>MC, Orator-for-Hire, Radio Announcer, Voice actor
>Writer in both fiction and non-fiction
>Production Line Manager and QC
>Created clothing range/fashion label

At every turn I was stabbed in the back, not maliciously, just business-wise (why make something that support local producers and break in to a market when you can "Get it cheaper from China" and ride on someone else' coat tails right?).

My family is, to put none to fine a point on it, disappointed. They want me to go back to study for a "real" job like Accounting or Nursing (Dad Accountant 40+ years, Mom Nurse 20+).

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every minute of it, it's just I'm not "business man" enough; too much of a dreamer and creator.

I'm giving it two to four years then I'm kms.

Now excuse me, I'm of to watch the new season of Samurai Jack.
>>
>>1856557
Heh yeah good point, but I'm still learning transferrable skills and making good money. Both of which are necessary to start a business. I'm only advocating it either in the beginning or as a fallback. Maybe someday I'll figure out what I want to do and sack up and do it, in the meantime I might as well be miserable and well paid.
>>
>>1842196
well i wanted to be a neurologist when i left hs and was a stronger ambition in biology class, but i'm not very good with seeing different versions of the same concept, i'm more of a straight forward memorize how to get the answer type of person - so i chose accounting/finance at age 19.
>>
I realized at 19 that I was short, fat, and ugly and that the only way I had a chance in life was being super fucking rich.
>>
>>1842196
>introvert in HR
lul no
>>
>>1855835
>Part 1/3
>What disease if you don't mind me asking.
I don’t mind at all. It's more like a disorder. It's pure obsessive OCD, it started when I was 16 years old, I only had shitty therapists and psychiatrists until when i was 19 years old when i quit when i started working, then next year I got into college, in 2010 when I was 20 years old.
In 2014 I moved to this state where im currently living on, first semester i stayed home cause i couldnt get into university here, and on the second semester i went to a university where i studied 4 subjects and passed in only 2. Then after the classes ended I went looking for a therapist because i really knew i couldnt study anymore like that, it was in december and i got lucky cause i was expecting to go in many first sessions with therapists until i could find a good one and i did find one in the first try. I was away from therapy and pills from 2009 until the end of 2014.
Then after a few months i got into another low point, in march, and i started going to psychiatrist too and i think in april she found out that my ruminating thoughts was a pure obsessive OCD (which is hard to detect cause generally OCD is detected by showing/talking about compulsions (locking 3 times the door, checking, counting, etc...). Mine was ruminating thoughts, trying to find in what point of my life it all went wrong. So in the whole 2015 I was studying (really struggling to study with the always average outcome) and having 3 sessions of therapy per week, almost 5 hours per week (the therapist was really interested in my case and made a good price - even low if it’s considered how much my well being improved in the next year and currently).
>>
>>1856820
>>1855835
>Part 2/3
Then in 2016, I studied even more about my disorder and I was sure i would need a dopamine agonist, to increase my pleasure in things in life (I used to play for hours straight without feeling much pleasure in doing that). In the day after i started taking this antidepressant i really felt the taste of eating lunch, something i couldn’t notice before.

>I'm in a similar predicament doing eeng and at this stage I'm almost at the stage of saying fuck it and trying crazy business.
Coupled with the new antidepressant i wanted to quit university and i started working in accounting, having a minimum wage payment, but that really made me more practical, before in university what i had to do is go to the classes and come home and fight with the thought of studying, I didnt know how much was enough. The working experience really changed my views. I quit after 5 months and went back to university cause i knew i wasnt being recognized for how much i was doing, and i would rather give another try on university than having to deal with that anymore. My plan when i was going to work, was to look for short 2 year courses that could give me some title, and i could work my way up from there. In 5 months i didnt search for these courses so i thought it was time for me to back to university since i didnt care to look for them.
And last semester I did good, my main struggle was writing papers and i didnt pass in one class, but overall i good good grades and i really accepted studying, the schedule and all that.
>>
>>1856822
>>1855835
>Part 3/3
>All I want to do now is have enough money for a house deposit so I can move away from my over-protective solo mother who is very controlling in ever aspect of my life.
My mother was like that, i got a lot of verbal abuse from her in my teenage years, my grandparents sided with her, i had no one to talk to about those things that bothered me. 2017 was hell, i moved to another district and i broke up with my friends, and maybe i started having mild hallucinations in that year. Next year I was coming home from classes and reading basically all the time. My sitation got better when i started working in 2009.

Well any more question i’m here (also I didnt talk much about pure-O OCD, I will be more objectively next time lol) and i hope you do well.
>>
>>1842983
Not really. Community college is cheap. Being a comm college alumn shows frugality, as opposed to some shit college that pretends its worth 60k a year. I went to princeton and it was only 35k a year all included. If you have the choice go to community college. Most 60k colleges are complete jokes.
>>
>>1842228
Ive heard of ppl joining at 18, serving 20 years and retiring with pension at 38.
Notbad.jpg
Notbadatall.jpg
>>
>>1857956
Serving for 20 years will leave you fucked up the rest of your life.
>>
>>1842196
I have a general studies degree. I currently work at a warehouse that pays rather decent for doing nothing (17.50), and have no idea what I want to do in life. I took a welding class and I'm wondering whether or not to stay in the warehouse to go up in management, or do something in welding.
>>
>>1856433
webdev guy here

i'm learning both to try and build upon to learn backend. I've got a solid year of learning ahead :/ but I enjoy it
>>
>>1856452
get a job that gets you out of the house

i've seen too many people get in the cycle of smoking weed everyday not doing shit, and then have life pass em by.
>>
>>1857956
I tried to join at 18 but got disqualified for medical stuff that happened when i was a kid. It's a non-issue but enough to get me out of the service.
>>
>>1858043
are u me lmao

i'm trying to learn webdev but I bartend on the side. Love my job but there is no upward mobility. I'd make more money now than as a manager. Don't wanna open my own place because i've seen how much restaurants chew people out.
>>
21 nearing 22.

Ideally I think I'd like to be a real estate investor. The problem I face is finding a job with a good income to start/support that. I'm currently a senior in CS, fighting depression and constantly considering dropping out, so I don't know how it's gonna turn out. I'm worried I won't be able to land a job after I graduate and I wasted my time going to college.
>>
>>1858241
I wish i was a senior in CS

I spend all my time learning it but can't really get back into school until January. You're at the end, if you drop out now you will regret it for the rest of your life. Just power through it, spend a few weeks in the Summer fucking around drinking and going to concerts, then return to real life.
>>
>>1858241
>CS senior
>thinking about dropping out
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>1858257

Wish I had the money to do that. I'm definitely, at this point, still trying to graduate though.

>>1858263

I'm a idiot for other reasons.

> 2.5 gpa.
> Senior in CS who bullshitted through. Never really enjoyed it.
> No internships
> Worried if I'll even find a job because of all the above which leads to depression which leads to poor grades which starts the cycle over again.

Those are the reasons why I've thought about it. And I've never really heard anyone say don't worry about that shit dude you'll be fine. So in my head why the fuck bother wasting more money and time for something that won't help me?

But as of right now. I'm finishing the degree.

..Unless I fail 3 of my classes this year or something.
>>
>>1858302
>2.5 gpa
I'm a sophomore right now in computer engineering my gpa is ass too.I'm pretty sure you don't have to disclose that to anyone and if they do force you, fuck them..at least you're majoring in something useful not some liberal arts bullshit senpai..im not sure about the internships though..if all fails just find some IT job, you're more than qualified..
>>
> Going to school for comp sci not getting really anywhere
> Standing around at my shitty sales job at sears
> Approached by an Army Recruiter
>Decide to go reserve so I can get back to school sooner
>GFs pissed
>Does Basic and job training for 10 months, gets tech diploma and cert to boot
>Army gives me the round about when comes time to pay for my tuition, but damn am I fit
>Gets hired at a job installing A/V for multimillion dollar homes along the coast
>Business tells me they will pay for me to go back to school to get my bachelors so I can lead my own team
>Still doesnt know why I initially joined the army but has a million reasons why I stay (mainly contract that gave me $20k)

I still struggle with knowing whether or not im heading in the right direction or not. Regardless, the military life gave me a sense of purpose and while the military makes it hard to get your benefits there are a million companies that help vets make that shit supah ez
>>
Go and volunteer for a credible political campaign of some sort (R or D). You'd be amazed at how many successful employers work for campaigns. Work hard and be positive and I guarantee a career path will open up. Political parties for centuries have kind of always been patronage opportunities. Seriously man. Try it. I got a great first job for doing just this because I impressed the campaign manager so much he gave me a killer recommendation for a company. I did NOT have the grades / resume to ever get that on its own.
>>
Really important information from above. It must a credible political campaign. Volunteering for the local communist party will be counterproductive.

Also, swallow your pride. In the real world, the minimum wage is zero. Everything above zero is what value you bring to society.
>>
I was 5 when I realized all I wanted in life was to find a nice girl and get married. That's all I care about. If I had love, I would have the will to live and motivation to do anything. Without love, I am nothing.

Until I find love, all I want is to die. I don't care about money. I need love in my life.
>>
My last recommendation is to look into the construction industry. That industry is BOOMING right now, relatively high paying compared to hours worked, and it is impossible to ever be outsourced.

Construction industry workers have some of highest job satisfaction in the world because they SEE the fruits of their labor.
>>
>>1858896
dude get a fucking grip. life isn't all about women or being in love. love yourself first. and figure out what makes you happy independent of anything else. Everything else will fall into place.
>>
>>1858951
Life is all about love. Without it, we wouldn't exist. The only way I could ever be happy is if I have love. I'm gonna be alone forever.
>>
>>1858898
can you elaborate what part of the construction industry is booming? like what suitable job for a cracker like me can get that can lift more than 50 pounds.
>>
Not the labor part, plus most construction workers are not allowed to lift anything that heavy.

I'm talking about all the jobs inside the large commercial construction companies. (i.e., HR, IT, support services)/

I work in the industry and all major construction companies are dying for good people to fill these roles.
>>
24 here, I studied Computer Engineering for 5 years at one of the best universities in my country then I dropped out and sold weed for a year. Eventually moved back in with my parents and hated being back with them. I took a shitty job for a month to get my parents of my case and the job required me to travel and sleep out a lot.

After my month contract I'm back at home, feeling empty/bored so I apply for a software developer job (coding is my passion) and I got the job somehow. It doesn't feel like work, I honestly enjoy the fuck out of it. Just go out and do something productive, it feels great not being a lazy sack of shit and making money.
>>
>>1857988
Hardly anyone kills people in the military anymore
>>
>>1858980
I hate to tell you this, but love is an illusion. Believing in the idea of love only brings suffering.
>>
>>1859107
How'd you get the job?

I'm learning HTML, Javascript and PHP. Want to do front-end development work but I'm afraid I don't know enough yet.

Working with Wordpress would nice too.
>>
>>1859132
I applied for jobs online, send your cv and write a good cover letter.

The guy phoned me the next day to set up an interview, and told me to bring sample code, I lost all my past projects in that language so I was up the whole night before trying to port old projects to php, the code didn't work properly, but I showed him that and the original. And he told me I can start the next day.

Frontend is easy, learn bootstrap ASAP, it makes your site look pretty. Ask friends and family if anyone needs a website and do it for half the price anyone else would charge. Apply for jobs and if you do get one work hard, not to make your boss happy, but to improve your own coding ability and hopefully learn enough to someday do your own thing.
>>
>>1859132
While front end is nice, if you want to be a good programmer (more backend), learn object orientated programming when you are comfortable with that start with data structures and algorithms. You will be surprised how this can improve your coding ability.

My first ever program was a 1000 line if statement, the next day I learnt I could simplify it to 2 lines of code. With each new thing you learn you will code more efficiently.
>>
File: breakfastclub.jpg (80KB, 523x493px) Image search: [Google]
breakfastclub.jpg
80KB, 523x493px
>>1859196
>>1859212
Nice! Thanks for the info. Obviously, you have a passion for coding. I come from a similar background as you (too poor to afford college, don't want to fall for the student debt meme) so I was wondering how you were able to be successful and happy.

I would like to do backend stuff but I'm primarily interested in frontend web development and design. I do some drawings for /aco/ and other forums and would like to work with Photoshop, Animate and Illustrator more.

The more I look for graphic design jobs, the more I see they want people to know, HTML, Javascript and PHP. Seems like a sweet gig though, never a dry moment since you're always learning.
>>
>>1845693
>>1847672
Fringe dwellers drifting into outsiderhood, daydreaming about a button that will fix everything in their lives by ruining many other lives, hey let's try......violence!
There is nothing more drearily mediocre than your descent into resentful lashing out.
>>
>>1842920
>I drive an Audi
Wow, you drive a glorified Volkswagen...
Congrats bro, teach me how to life pls.
>>
>>1859196
> Frontend is easy

kek
>>
>>1859196
> Frontend is easy
> learn bootstrap

lollll
>>
Was 23 and planning on quitting the factory life and going to Uni for Accounting. Got some job doing road work thinking I would quit after the Summer when Uni started. Ended up loving the job and staying there moving up within 5 months. I now get plenty of overtime working wrecks and weather and make ~$70K/year riding around in a truck.
>>
>>1859126
>Hardly anyone kills people in the military anymore
No, but forced double-time ruck marches will kill your knees everytime.
>>
>>1842196
medical school or engineering pick one and get money then by then you should find a passion and youll have a nice source of income/skill and then do what is your "calling" is if there even is such a thing.
>>
>>1856827
>>1856822
>>1856820
>Well any more question i’m here
Yeah, can you kill yourself real quick for me?
>>
20 here and on track to become a paramedic (almost halfway there)
main motivation right now is the starting ~100k salary- shits hard
>>
>>1859746
Just be a POG like me that does no physical labor but instead possesses the brain power to fix F-35s.
No crazy rucks or anything just long 12 hour shifts, sometimes 6 days a week.
>>
>>1851674
this is the fucking truth
>>
>>1843864
What a load of horseshit
>>
>>1859817
>Paramedic
>100k starting
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhhahahahahajahahahahhahahahahahajahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
>>
>>1859873
yeah, in Toronto
paramedics aren't exactly the same as EMTs down in the states
>>
>>1849133

This is the most pathetic insecure most cucked shit I'll probably read this whole year. Someone screencap this, nobody is topping this bullshit.

People are now comparing themselves o other office cucks and think working in some gay office job writing gay reports, performance reviewed by some faggot, reaching whatever gay company goals & values some fag CEO pulls out of his ass to impress shareholders with is an IDEAL you should strive for.

You are sitting there telling us if we aren't some cuck with an office job, a former cumslut wife & increasing liabilities you are "behind"?

There are people on this earth siting on yachts making "real" money, tens of millions a fucking year while you tell people they are behind if they aren't office gays. Atleast if you were striving, strive for that....tell me I'm way behind if I'm not negotiating the sale of a multi million $ business or something, that we'll accept

Don't tell people they are behind because they don't yet have some COME-laude degree, an office job reporting to some faggot, two weeks leave a year, a slut fiance, liabilities up the ass, a bunch of gay ass emasculated friends also living this bitchboy "DREAM" life who you do gay ass dinner parties with.....

Fuck outta here
>>
>>1845386
"I think I know everything so I'm assuming that guy needs validation because I look for my validation this way"
>>
>>1842920
Do you mean "Heroin Alley"? As in Kensington? I've never heard of heroin valley
>>
>>1849133
Shit advice.
Comparing yourself to your peers is the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself. You know why? There will ALWAYS be somebody better than you, someone whose more successful than you. You'll never take pride in your accomplishments because you find out there's another rung on the ladder to climb.

Better advice would be to set goals and reach them. It doesn't matter how old you are, it's never "too late".

You speak of a race? Where is the finish line, when can you finally relax and say "I'm done, I've won the race". You'll always feel inadequate. Basing your goals on other people accomplishments is fucking stupid.
>>
18, no license work with dad but not too often

I'm not too introverted anymore I can appear very normal now, I have somewhat of a weak figure. Still in highschool, I do know what I want to do but no money for it. Should I pick up a trade even though I don't really know how to use tools? I'm in GA if that helps. My dad says to pick up a small motor course, or should I get a factory job for a year and get the money I need.
>>
>>1858980
get a good dog. good dogs always love their masters
>>
>>1862319
trades literally teach you everything you need to know. You're going to be an apprentice first, and once you spend a few years as an apprentice, then you get to become a journeyman. You literally learn at work, because its all on the job training
>>
>>1862512
should have better worded it as not really interested in it, but know its a good route. fucking few years
>>
>>1842196
12, wanted to be a neurosurgeon
16, settled for pharmacy school
19, got accepted into a PharmD program(did college courses in hs)
22 right now, almost done.
>>
You people are depressed because the classes are too hard and your grades are poor.
>>
>>1862726
how tough was pharmacy school? Im curious how it compares to PA, RN schooling
>>
>>1862839
If you can find an interest in it, very easy. But when you meet alpha docs, you feel like a bitch and a cuck. and you realize your entire profession is full of women and weird dudes. I just want to make money and retire in 10yrs, then work part time
>>
>>1862847
arent you in alot of debt? How the fuck are you gonna retire so soon
>>
>>1862864
Used my father's G.I bill to pay 50% of my tuition, and had a lot of scholarship money saved. Coming about with about 50k in debt. Still a lot but plan on paying it off in 1-2 yrs.
>>
would a two year degree/associates in CS or IT be worth anything lads? i feel i am more suited for the former but might be too stupid at this point in my life (been drinking heavily for 5-10 years) but might not have the social skills for the latter, also not sure if a two year degree in CS is even worth anything, it's basically just a transferrable option at the school i'm looking for. i really don't want to do the stupid shit i've been doing for the past five years forever but am not sure if i can even put it as experience, it's basically online meme shit.
>>
>>1862937
Get a 2 yr degree from a cheap community college with a 4.0 then transfer to the big boys and hope your gps ends at like a 3.5-3.3. easy pickens
>>
>>1842292
Advice?
>>
>>1862997
Read 3 books a week. Doesnt matter if its professional or nbot, but it builds focus, which transisitons into any hobby or lifestyle choice you want.
>>
>>1863005
Alright, I'll take it. Goodbye 4chan
See you in hell
>>
>>1863011
Its hard the first couple weeks, but after that it turns you into a god
>>
Since about 16 years old I've known I've wanted to go into some kind of technical field because I'm good at math, I'm in my last semester of community college before getting my associates and I'll be transferring to a nice university this upcoming fall semester. I'll hopefully get into the computer science major, if not I'll be in math, but after college I plan to be work in software development of some sort. I'm 20 years old, and doing everything I can to learn about the stock market and other investing assets such as real estate. My goal is to have at least $3 million by age 25 and a Bugatti. I'm optimistic as fuck and I never really have failed at anything in life. I embrace the struggles that come up, instead of complaining like most people will, it all depends on how you choose to look at it anon, you're still young as fuck, don't give up.
>>
>>1863054
>Bugatti
thatsa down payment on a comfy ass house or an amazing PC/TV setup of century. why waste it on a car you cant drive everyday. and you'll stop caring about it after like 3months when your brain gets used to it
>>
>>1863005
what a cuck
>>
>>1863062
To be honest I want it just to impress girls, especially this one I've always been in love with. It's just this ego that I have. It's sad I know.
>>
File: Psych self study 1.jpg (225KB, 778x960px) Image search: [Google]
Psych self study 1.jpg
225KB, 778x960px
>>1863100
>It's just this ego that I have. It's sad I know.
>>
>>1863112
I don't understand
>>
File: MiloCoin.png (229KB, 318x497px) Image search: [Google]
MiloCoin.png
229KB, 318x497px
I recently decided to become a MiloCoin trader. I wasnt sure if I wanted to be wealthy earlier in life cause it might "change me", but I've decided to go with it.
>>
>>1863123
Im saying you'll most likely mature past this phase when you get close to making money
>>
>>1863195
Well that's good news. But shiiiittt I still want that Bugatti.
>>
>>1858896
>falling for the vaginal jew
>>
Does anyone here feel like they were born just to fail at life?
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
Do a personalized configuration of Maslows hierarchy of needs.

fill it out with what resonates with you and how you can go about securing each need on the pyramid. This is for finding yourself and get a sense of life purpose.

Get whatever job you can in order to secure your two most basic needs.

Spend time with all the people in your life and make quality time with friends and loved ones a priority. You learn so much about yourself when mirroring other people and spending time with them.

Your immediate friendships also determines what you're gonna get out of life.

Really what made you into the person you are today is the love and relationships you've gotten from your family. The time you've spent together with siblings and parents have shaped you into the person you are today and this is still true today, as it was then. Your relationships shape you. Seek out new relationships with more down to earth, secure people who know who they are and what they want out of life.

Once you've mastered this need of social belonging you can move up towards fulfilling your esteem needs.

Here the right job for you comes into play.
Having a job that youre both glad for and good at is everything. you'll get credit for doing good at your work and you will get a sense of accomplishment which will empower you and boost your self esteem.

You could also work with your own self esteem and confidence through self help books and etc. Basically its working with your mind in order to see the positive in everything and the ability to turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts. This is one way to go about and securing your esteem needs.

Now the fun part begins. This is where you really get to ask yourself "who am i?"

this is where you get to get in touch with yourself.
>>
>>1842196
i feel u, op. im 23 years old, did lots of things in life im not proud of and im starting robotics engineering only now. fml.
>>
>>1842803
>everyone is a fool not to do the military.
Do you work in the HR department of the us military?
>>
>>1864881
I screenshotted your advice. That was great. What part are you at?
>>
File: wooo.jpg (65KB, 495x518px) Image search: [Google]
wooo.jpg
65KB, 495x518px
>>1865812
the best part
>>
>>1865943
I'm happy for you. I hope to make it there one day as well
>>
>>1865322
>i feel u, op. im 23 years old, did lots of things in life im not proud of and im starting robotics engineering only now. fml.

Only now? Relax, you're 23, and looks like you got some perspective as well over the past few years. Even if you intern, you'll be 28 by the time you graduate. Its gonna be ok bro
>>
>>1842196
I asked my self if not pussy, money and the things money could buy what i want. The answer is power. If i could be anything in the world id be a dictator, but now i want the next best thing. Cult leader
>>
>>1866245

there are probably lots of other people thinking like me around, but i really wish i figured my shit out earlier. could have gotten out of high school and straight into uni with all the sureness about what i want that i have today, if only i hadnt been a pathetic depressed vidya playing cheetos eating nerd
>>
File: Figure shit out.jpg (169KB, 1102x512px) Image search: [Google]
Figure shit out.jpg
169KB, 1102x512px
>>1864881
cabbed
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.