[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

W9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: w9.png (312KB, 772x1000px) Image search: [Google]
w9.png
312KB, 772x1000px
Anyone here ever needed to have a 2nd account in an affiliate program without them knowing about it?

I'm struggling to figure out a legal way to fill out a W9 without putting my name and tax ID on it. And without forming a corporation.
>>
Wyoming LLC, my dude

$50 to incorp, $50/year for a registered agent

LLC default is "disregarded entity" so you just record its profit/loss on your personal return

Then request an EIN from the IRS. Whole process takes like a day
>>
>>1841933
Oh sorry, it's $100 to the sec of state now

I haven't made a new one in quite a few years
>>
>>1841933
You seem to know shit so I wanna ask you a question

I would like to legally own a business, but I don't really want the business to do anything. I just want to have it. If I need to define a strategy then I can, but the business wont necessarily exist to make money. Maybe $5/year

Is this difficult to do? How much might this cost?
>>
>>1841983
>>1841933
I'm also not doing this for shady reasons, and I'm not looking for any sort of tax breaks, and I would rather it not create any complications either
>>
>>1841987
Generally the rules say that a business can't be formed just to save taxes, it has to do something. For example: like a holding company holds assets. Sure they save in taxes, but it has the assets.
>>
>>1841983
why do you want to do this? what’s your idea?
>>
>>1841983

LLCs can be formed pretty cheap in most states. Most have a small yearly renewal fee.

In california though, its like a a grand every year to keep it open. Starting up is also like $1500.
>>
>>1842026
I mostly want a business name to appear places rather than my own name
>>
>>1841983
>>1841987
>>1842061
Wyoming is the best state to start a LLC in IMO

Like I said earlier, it's $100 + $50 and that's it. You now have a legal entity (with a corporate veil) through which you can conduct business. Single member, disregarded entity LLC is the simplest kind of business you can have.

Wyoming has some advantages over Nevada which is another popular choice for registering a LLC: protection against "charging orders" (e.g., if your ex-wife tries to get access to the assets in your company) and they share info with the IRS (Nevada does NOT and it raises red flags come tax time). Neither state has state income tax, so you're only liable for paying state income tax in your own state if you have to.

Your name won't even show up on the LLC on the Wyoming business search site either. It'll just show your registered agent's address.

>>1842046
It was $800 minimum tax burden as of 2014, not sure what it is now
>>
>>1842254
Why is California so communist?
>>
>>1842257

Hollywood.

A bunch of priveleged actors and trust fund kiddies in college demand that everyone gets everyone else's fair share.
>>
>>1842254
Thanks, man

10/10 bro
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.