[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can they ask for money back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1452037255701.jpg (25KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1452037255701.jpg
25KB, 640x475px
I'm thinking about quitting my new job. I'm 5 weeks in, and I really don't like it.

When I started, I had some travel plans, so they gave me most of next week off and are not counting it against my vacation time.

If I came back and quit after returning (two weeks from now), would they have any legal way to dock my paycheck or expect to be paid back for that time they gave me?

I feel like the honorable thing to do would be to quit today, or at least let my boss know I'm not feeling like a fit for the role, as opposed to letting them pay me more than a thousand bucks to be drinking beer with my friends, only to put in my notice.
>>
>>1838076
You only get paid for the amount of time you're there. If you're new, then there is likely you won't even have vacation pay because it normally takes a year to receive. There also isn't any law entitling you to vacation pay. If you want to quit, tell them immediately. Whether you decide to give a two week notice is completely up to you.
>>
not what you should be worrying about

this is a really, really shitty thing to do

you're going to burn bridges, get an awful reference and a reputation.

don't underestimate how close-knit and what small worlds some industries can be; a lot of people know each other and word gets around.

when you explain your 5 week stint at a new job, you're going to look like a flight risk, and a fucking idiot to boot. why did you apply for the job if you didn't know anything about it?
you'll just take anything you can get, and will suck up all the training and resources i give you, then up and leave because it doesn't meet your fancy?

fuck off.

being serious man, stick at it for a few months more. don't make this mistake, unless you already have something lined up.
>>
>>1838108

I'm salaried - this vacation is going to be paid out to me like I was in the office, just not docked out of my "official" PTO bucket, which I'm supposed to receive at the end of three months.

But we're a small company, so there isn't any hard and fast rule - the CEO decided she wanted me on board so bad that she'd pay me during this trip.
>>
>>1838111

I feel they lied to me when bringing me on board because they really wanted my skillset. I had worked with them for two years, and I was not aware that the CEO was in the process of firing EVERYONE on the team besides her sister and my boss, and starting the company essentially from scratch.

I was unaware I was going to be immediately assigned an Account Management role for one of our biggest clients, to report on and organize a tactic I have no experience in. (They assumed I had experience, but didn't bother to cross check this in my very easy interview.)

I feel that I can tell any potential employer that I felt my experience is best leveraged in a larger organization that has an established structure and is not 100% remote.

I don't have the resources here to learn what I need to learn, and I am very behind on projects because I simply don't have the experience.

Why is it okay for a company to put me on a three month probation period where they get to decide if I'm a good employee, but not okay for me to evaluate the job and the direction it's taking my career?
>>
>>1838117
Then quit before you go on this trip. Unless you really need the money, then take the trip and then quit. It's nice of them to go out of their way, but ultimately you don't owe them anything.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.